Airtel imposes 25gb fup for customers under double speed/hungama offer - help !!! :@

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys, today morning when i logged into a website i was taking to airtel website where i got a message stating that my speed has been revised which is subject to FUP. I was very shocked and confused :mad: :huh:.

I called CC and told that my FUP is 100GB and they replied that the 25 GB FUP limit is applicable to everyone irrespective of the customers under hungama offer. I was like WTF !!!. I screwed a senior ex. for about half an hour ... He told that this limit has been imposed since 2 months for which notification has been given to all customers vide email and sms and they have nothing to do as they have adhere to the rules regulated by TRAI... Again WTF !!!

He says still the HO customers can avail the benefit of 512kb/s after 25 GB which is not available for NON- HO customers where the FUP is 15 GB and speed is reduced to 256kb/s thereafter...

Who the hell wants their 25gb fup and 512 speed :mad:?. Instead they could have given 50gb FUP and 256 kb speed...

Guys is this true ??. Or airtel is simply playing the fool with me :-[ ??.

Those who are under Hungama Offer plz confirm this..... They promised me that they will never reduce the 100GB FUP limit when i applied for this offer and have been telling this since last week....

Re: Airtel imposes 25gb fup for customers under double speed/hungama offer - help !!

here is your answer:

Airtel has also been bold enough to quote the policy as a recommendation/guideline from the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). The said policy was a one-liner recommendation in a response to a consultation paper by the regulator. Airtel went ahead and implemented the policy soon after submitting the same to the regulator. It is highly doubtful if the regulator has given their nod/approval to such a policy. The ISP has been bluntly posing as a moral implementer of the regulator's 'guidelines'. If any such approval was given by the regulator, it is yet to be made public. Of course, the company did not bother to alert the customer beforehand about the implementation of the policy. A lot of customers came to know about it only after their internet speeds were reduced to half of the original speeds promised by their connections.

Say NO to Airtel Broadband. these guys suck

Say NO to Airtel Broadband - India Broadband Wiki

Re: Airtel imposes 25gb fup for customers under double speed/hungama offer - help !!

That's strange, I have the same double speed upgrade and already crossed 50GB download in last 18 days. No change in the speed whatsoever.

Ethan_Hunt said:
That's strange, I have the same double speed upgrade and already crossed 50GB download in last 18 days. No change in the speed whatsoever.
After banging CC i got my 1mb/s speed back. But they finally told me that the FUP is 25gb only even for H.O customers and i dont know how it got reverted back. Dont know what the hell is wrong with them. Sometimes speed may become low due to some server issues but thats very rare. But this time i got the notification itself which worries me much...

And they tell me that usage details are available in airtel.in if logged with my ID. So far they have been telling that for U/L connection they dont have facility to check usage details. But now they come with some nonsense info which is full of contradiction...

@ethanhunt - Plz tell me what to do in case if the speed drops to 512 kb/s hereafter...

I left airtel because of this non-sense only, they are screwing up the broadband scene in india. The only way out is to support operators that actually have good practices and leave airtel f**ktards

Are there such operators who exist in Chennai , atleast in South India ??

u must be really lucky allwyn...but sooner or later they will screw everyone...ive faced this fup crap before,,,, its really frustrating...the airtel ppl enforce Fdup plans on their own most of the time.. and their CC doesent have any clue... i guess i was lucky when i moved to a new area and dint have any airtel connection.. here i had to take MTNL and so far its rocking.. havent faced any downtime for the past 3 months.. and speeds constant 130-145 KBps at 1mbps UL.. have downloaded more than 100GB in past month.. no FUP nothing.. really i mean if these airtel guys keep doing this ,,everyone should leave them.. only then will they learn their lesson..

With so many such threads on Airtel coming up every other day, I think one of them should me made a sticky :p

no it doesn't apply

if they FUP you then just call and bash them and they will revert you back

Only Reliance is offering good plans without FUP, I am planning to get that.

redscorpion_11 said:
u must be really lucky allwyn...but sooner or later they will screw everyone...ive faced this fup crap before,,,, its really frustrating...the airtel ppl enforce Fdup plans on their own most of the time.. and their CC doesent have any clue... i guess i was lucky when i moved to a new area and dint have any airtel connection.. here i had to take MTNL and so far its rocking.. havent faced any downtime for the past 3 months.. and speeds constant 130-145 KBps at 1mbps UL.. have downloaded more than 100GB in past month.. no FUP nothing.. really i mean if these airtel guys keep doing this ,,everyone should leave them.. only then will they learn their lesson..

I "may" be lucky for the time being. I have kept it under observation and if I'm hit with the FUP hammer, I'll know what the cut-off quota is. I haven't been FUP'd from the time I had my connection, which should be a good 10 months now. Considering all the non-stop calls that went to CC and their superiors and probably their mothers, inquiring about the double speed offer, I think it's only fair that they upgrade all of us unanimously. I remember being given the same bullshit response from the CC people that this upgrade offer was given to only a selected few, back when I used to inquire about getting it activated. I haven't got a reason to complain now, considering I get 1.5Mbps for 1.2k. But the moment they screw up, I'm getting rid of them.

Tech_enthu said:
Only Reliance is offering good plans without FUP, I am planning to get that.
not really MTNL,TATA are providing good plans without FUP too

Till now they havent played foul with me, but the moment they do, I'll shift over to Hathway.

hellgate said:
Till now they havent played foul with me, but the moment they do, I'll shift over to Hathway.
HATHWAY?

it is one of the worst operator and they too have applied FUP now

those f*****s say that notifications have already been sent to most of the users. Is there anyone who got such notification thrrough sms or email ?.

Actually when i called them for enquiry reg. 2 mb/s speed i bluffed that i utilise a max. Of 30-35gb only p.m. Out of 100 gb quota @ 1 mb/s speed . The next morning i was taken to the fup notice page. So now i suspect the cc guy reduced the fup limit. Guys what do you think ?. Is this possible ?

anfjavid said:
those f*****s say that notifications have already been sent to most of the users. Is there anyone who got such notification thrrough sms or email ?.

Actually when i called them for enquiry reg. 2 mb/s speed i bluffed that i utilise a max. Of 30-35gb only p.m. Out of 100 gb quota @ 1 mb/s speed . The next morning i was taken to the fup notice page. So now i suspect the cc guy reduced the fup limit. Guys what do you think ?. Is this possible ?
its nothing like that

they just say it so that you believe them.they add 'everybody' so that you don't blame them for singling you out

anything is possible with airtel but normally won't happen

just call them up and blow your lungs out on them and they will revert you back

brickhouse said:
HATHWAY?

it is one of the worst operator and they too have applied FUP now
before shifting to Airtel, was using Hathway.
Service here is pretty good.

hellgate said:
before shifting to Airtel, was using Hathway.

Service here is pretty good.
touchwood man, i am on 1mpbs unlimited on hathway, FUP is 30GB per month & then speed reduces to 50%

Back