Airtel broadband tariff hike.......

Well something is def amiss with the airtel people.
After persuading me with offers to recharge the DTH connection for about 1.5 years reg.. they called up yest asking if i would like to return the stb and get the security deposit of 2k back. Was happy to see them being responsible unlike with their modems, but also a bit sad that they wont be offering extra balance on recharging the connection.

Btw, how much does the stb (reg stb, the one without the recording feature for HD connection) cost if you apply for the airtel dth connection nowadays ..?

My friend today pointed out that failtel updated their fastest category BB plans, at least in karnataka circle. Seems much better than their previous ridiculous plans.

I called Failtel to terminate my connection in the hopes of getting ACT broadband, and yet again they brainwashed me into taking their 16Mbps plan costing Rs.1500 + tax. FUP hits me at 60GB, up from previous 30. 60GB is not anything spectacular, but definitely an improvement.

Sorry Metalspree, No documents for cancellation. But I havent used their airtel for 6 months, due to their stupid FUP I STOPPED using it. Do you recommend to pay or face them in court?

Their new plans for Bangalore seems much better. 8Mbps with 60GB limit for Rs.1250 and 4Mbps with 80GB limit for Rs.1400.
@dreamCatcher - what is the speed that you get after you hit the FUP limit? 2Mbps or 1Mbps or pathetic 512Kbps?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ u missed 256kbps...

That would be quite a fall from 16Mbps! Usually its their lower end 2Mbps plans that have a 256Kbps limit.

dreamCatcher
- They list the plan that you have mentioned for Rs.1500+ Tax online. What do you mean by 30% off. Do you get the plan for Rs.1050 + Tax since you are a old customer?

P.S: Only max. speeds of 2Mbps available for Chennai :( No fastest plans for the city. Sucks.

That would be quite a fall from 16Mbps! Usually its their lower end 2Mbps plans that have a 256Kbps limit.

Till the time Indian standard is set at 256 as broadband, they gonna keep beating that drum. Its kinda obvious now.
But the plan disparity is pretty gaping tbh. And i dont think there is any solid reasoning behind this either..?

Their new plans for Bangalore seems much better. 8Mbps with 60GB limit for Rs.1250 and 4Mbps with 80GB limit for Rs.1400.
dreamCatcher - what is the speed that you get after you hit the FUP limit? 2Mbps or 1Mbps or pathetic 512Kbps?

No 16Mbps in my area in Bangalore. Opted for 4Mbps 80gb and i am very sure the reason why it's unvailable in my area is because other ISP's are also not present and hence less competition. :annoyed:

Back