Airtel Broadband Delhi - Anyone else suffering frequent disconnects?

Deepak

Skilled
My airtel landline DSL connection has been giving me problems since yesterday, the modem (Beetel 220BX) automatically keeps on rebooting as soon as the connection is established...

Last night it happened at around 11:30 and went till 5 minimum(time till which I was up)

Today, it just happened again at around 7pm, called CC, the moment they picked up the phone, it went Ok till about 12:00 AM today, when it started again...again got fixed when called up CC at around 1:00

Its 1:10 again, the disconnects are less infrequent now, once about every 5 minutes or so..

What I wanna know is anyone else in Delhi, especially Pitampura region suffering from this problem? Or is it a fault in my line only..

PS : When I told the airtel CC guy that the modem is rebooting, he said that Sir, is it shown on the monitor screen that the modem is rebooting :rofl:, I swear if I wasnt in a hurry I'd have :mad::mad:

PS : While mentioning, can peeps mention their area, especially the North Delhi TE'ians...would be helpful..

Cheers

Deepak

Working fine for me.

Threadjack : I've got 3 Home 999 connections in my house. I can club them together and share em via LAN right? Just need a router .. ?

@akshit, u prolly can...create a new thread, some one will be able to help u properly there

PS : Please mention your area while reporting, especially North Delhi TE'ians

akshitmohan said:
Working fine for me.

Threadjack : I've got 3 Home 999 connections in my house. I can club them together and share em via LAN right? Just need a router .. ?
Most routers have only 1 WAN port.:hap5:

Sandy where did u find this new plan, I cant get any info on airtel website about this plan.

I called up the delhi helpline no. & the guys say they have not launched any such plan.

well delhi people dont even get the 999 unlimited plan now ehhh .. made it to a 1249 plan enforcing you to have those 300 mins which they say are free ehh .

akshitmohan said:
Working fine for me.

It is possible through a software called WinGate ...try searching around you would find a tut or let me know if u can't..
But you'll have to connect 3 Lan Card to your PC though..

hey me getting this problem in chennai .. always happens when it rains :S first time it was quite bad .. but then at that time the phone line was dead. once the line was back it didnt get disconnected as much but it still did. then someone said the phone junction box was rusted and that could be a problem. once he cleaned it seemed to be ok but again faced this issue a few days ago. wonder what airtel is up to these days :|

Finally back on topic after that little tangent there.

Yes, this last few days have been strange to say the least, i had quite a few disconnections which was bizarre since it does not happen usually. Unlike the previous poster, my line was alive at the time it was just the net that was down for some hours. i think they may have been doing some maintenance, but they usually sned email bout that.

Things seem to be stable now.

^^ Well @bottle, can you paste a screenie of this page

http://192.168.1.1/dslinfo_en.html

The guy came to ma house the very next day and logged in, told me that it was faulty wiring, saying that the attenuation was too high and SNR too low.

The problem as it turns out was that one of the group of wires (the one with my connection) had gone bad from one of their DB's to the DB near my place. The guy replaced it and ever since the net has been working fine.

Back