Airtel + Android = which Internet plan

Haddock

Adept
Which internet plan is best suited for Android phone (Samsung Galaxy 551) with Airtel SIM?

i bought the android phone recently, in 1 week of owning it, i've spent Rs.200+ on just internet/gprs.

so i really need a gprs plan. :p
there's one plan for Rs.98, 2GB for 30 days.

i dont think its possible to use 2gb, but mostly i'll be using the internet for Navigation (google maps).

anyways, are there any other plans available?

Note: SIM of Chennai circle, i'm in roaming.

their website is the most non user friendly webshite. :mad:

any idea what the activation code is. *567# is not giving that option now. It was working till last week. But i had no balance to automatically activate it for another month. Now that plan seems to have gone.

The Rs 98 for 2gb plan is the best. I consider myself quite a prolific user, and not once since I've had my Android phone have I ever gone above 400-500 MB. My avg usage is about 200-300mb a month.

Call up Airtel CC and ask them to activate it for you. It works on both prepaid and postpaid (I have one of each)

How to activate this plan on android? I recharged with 98bucks, what to do next?
currently, when I try to connect to internet: it says "error occurred"

greenhorn said:
set up your APN
ok, I searched a bit. APN seems to be airtelgprs.com. it was already added in ZTE Blade. also. also dialed *567*11#, one someones suggestion that it would activate the GPRS.

I will trying in morning once again. Thanks for replying

Gaurish said:
How to activate this plan on android? I recharged with 98bucks, what to do next?

Saw this on a site

GPRS E-Recharge@Rs.98:

Now, activate GPRS service by just a recharge and access Mobile-Internet. Dial *123*10# to check your free limit.

For Activation recharge your mobile with Rs.98 and get Free Internet Limit of 2GB(anytime), validity 30 days. Just dial *567*11# after recharge.

30 paise/50 KB GPRS Charges applicable, Post Free Usage/validity expiry.

Airtel GPRS Plans and Activation Method

Back