Graphic Cards Agp Under 2.5k

coolplay

Disciple
plz sugest me a video card under under 2.5k.AGP 8X SLOT IS PRESENT IN THE MOTHERBOARD.I AM NEW TO GRAPHIX CARD.so plz help.My memory is 512 mb ram.2.26ghz celeron d processor.I have one more doubt.On the hardware profile of MY COMPUTER on goint to display adapter there is already a device named VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP.(but there is no cards attached to PCI slots) do i need to uninstall it before installing the new card.I am a non computer professional interested in playing games. so please help me.thanx in advance.

the device which shows up in your device manager is the graphics which is present on your motherboard. its called an onbloard graphics chipset.

It is always advisable to uninstall your current device before installing the new card. jus right click the device in your device manager and select uninstall. also try to make sure that you uninstall the drivers for it.

in your budget a perfect match would be the 7100GS from nvidia... but you would be much better off extending your budget by 300-400 rupees and trying to get hold of the nvidia 7300GS (256 mb version)....

VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP - This is ur onboard graphics.

U need to add a new card.. and disable "Onboard Graphics" from the bios.

New card u r looking for : XFX 6200 Agp- 2450/- :)

Edit: Stalker beat me to it ! :)

Try and get the 7300GS for around 3k, its way better then 6200 and only costs some 500-600 more.

Also, uninstall the device from Add/Remove Programs in control panel, look for Via Unichrome S3 something, then uninstall from Device manager if its still there.

@Raj...usually there is no need to disable the onboard graphics from the BIOS, the BIOS does that automatically if it detects a card attached to the system.

All the cards mentioned above are hopeless, ur best bet is find for a second hand 6600 Gt or a 9800 pro on TE there were couple of them selling...

Back