Advise needed in implementing online shopping web-store for apparels

TEUser2K1

Skilled
A small-time but emerging vendor in my know want to implement a web-store for selling fast moving fashion apparels on his own website, which currently have presence in India and is wanting to cater outside India too.

What is the most value conscious way of achieving this.

Need apparels / wares pictures properly listed, a shopping cart, a small team which can efficiently manage the site for him regularly.

He is in emerging phase, so cost conscious, looking for small companies who can work with him.

Any recommendations welcome...
Thanks in advance...

I recommend Shopify for such sellers. Very easy to setup and maintain.

If they had some technical knowledge, Self hosting Wordpress would have been an option. I have hosted for a few retailers before, and still provide maintenance to some of them, but time is tight nowadays.

I recommend Shopify for such sellers. Very easy to setup and maintain.

If they had some technical knowledge, Self hosting Wordpress would have been an option. I have hosted for a few retailers before, and still provide maintenance to some of them, but time is tight nowadays.
I was thinking about providing this as a service to small businesses. What kind of time commitments are we looking at ?

I was thinking about providing this as a service to small businesses. What kind of time commitments are we looking at ?
It's a headache. If you don't have a team, and yourself have a full time job, it is very difficult. Because if something breaks or they want an urgent change, you can't say "No I'll do it over the weekend".

Any recommendations on whom to reach, for eg., sometime agencies, individuals, etc.
try out sites like Upwork/Fiverr for these gigs but seriously, Shopify is made for peeps like your friend, thats their entire USP, I have helped a few friends out with it and would offer you my services but I dont have any prior experience with freelancing, its better for you to source someone who has experience with freelancing and can offer a proper contract with delieverables/milestones etc.

I would still say to try it out yourself, its really user friendly and they have payment integrations etc too so you dont need to worry about security and all the implementation crap

@altair21
Thanks for info, used to do all this years back, but now am tad withered out :)
I wanted them to work with a small enthusiast team for long run rather than depend on someone like me.
Will study on this more.

@altair21
Thanks for info, used to do all this years back, but now am tad withered out :)
I wanted them to work with a small enthusiast team for long run rather than depend on someone like me.
Will study on this more.
just search for shopify developer on fiverr/upwork and you'll find many folks specializing in it, I would suggest paying upfront one time for them to setup the shopfront etc for you and then maintain it yourself, shopify is really stable these days without much breaking changes so you wont be having much of a burden maintaining it and they are a all-in-one solution from payments/hosting, they even sell domains separately or you can buy one from any other provider. Shopify is really expensive but well worth it if you can afford it

Back