Advice needed on inverter & battery selection...

sredd

Disciple
Hello,
I got a quote for the below specs:

Sukam 1.4KVA pure sine wave inverter (SMILEY model) = 8000
Exide tubular 120Ah batteries * 2 = 13500 * 2 = 27000

Total, the dealer is quoting 34.5K (and 36K with trolley).

Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I can get any other similar configuration for a better price...

Need to decide soon...
Thanks

Its a good config. Will give you a good backup & tubular batteries are good for inverters. Just try & haggle to include trolley into the price as freebie on total amount....

I got the Su-kam Smiley 1400 (UPS+sinewave) for 8k and two cheap "AutoZone" branded 200 Ah tubular batteries for 11k each a couple of weeks ago.

Got 5k back for the old Microtek and Exide batteries which worked well for many years.

So far the new setup is working awesome, don't even know when there are power cuts and for how long :D

Only thing is the slight fan humming noise which the installer guy said was normal. Anyways both invertor and batteries are under warranty so no concerns here.

Yep, tubular batteries, hence didn't mind taking the risk of unknown brand - plus saved about 14k by not going the Exide 200 Ah route :)

vishalrao said:
Yep, tubular batteries, hence didn't mind taking the risk of unknown brand - plus saved about 14k by not going the Exide 200 Ah route :)
Exide will always be more expensive... But I think there are two models (InvaTubular & InvaQueen)... Don't really know the difference though..

I have Amaron SHIELD 160Ah (ULM) battery on my Microtek 800VA but I am not satisfied & may change to tubular once its dead...

Back