Adata RMA experience (positive)

YeAhx

Recruit
I bought Adata XPG Gammix 2x8GB RAM in 2020 and in 2022 figured I'd try overclocking it a bit. By a bit i mean going from 3000mhz to 3466mhz and for a while it worked great. Then a few days later windows kept crashing and corrupting so I knew it had to be RAM. I dialed it back to stock settings but it still kept crashing my pc so I spent the next few hours trying to figure out why my PC was crashing only to run memory test and realise one of the stick went bad. Here I thought RAM overclocking was safe but nope.

I had to Google where ADATA service centre was and found one in Nehru place, Delhi. Upon calling them 2-3 times they finally answered and I explained I wanted to RMA the RAM stick I had and that I want to know steps on how to proceed (first time RMA-ing something). They explained I could just courier them the item and if it's found faulty depending on the stock they can courier back on the same day (still would have taken days to return to me considering delivery time). Me being desperately in need of it I went to get it RMA'ed myself and overall my experience was positive. They asked for basic necessities and after like 10 mins of waiting I got a brand new sealed stick. I also saw some GPUs being tested in the background and I knew they were GPUs because they had FURmark running on them and while I don't remember which brand (gigabyte?) but they likely were main RMA partner for a bigger brand and handled RMA for ADATA as well. To be honest their centre was hard to find in Nehru place. It was in a building who's access was through a lift that was a quite hidden. So hidden that even after asking multiple people it took me 15 mins roaming the area multiple times lol. You can say it took me more time to find the centre in Nehru place then the RMA process itself.

Overall positive experience 4.5/5 and lesson learned not to overclock everything I see.

Back