Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

Yeah got a plan of 15mbps and on speed test getting almost 20+ Mbps always ,, download speeds are great too , in torrent almost 4-7mbps :eek: ... Amazing ping too almost 10-15 on Mumbai server, Bangalore servers almost 10 and less :p
Nice. ACT Group has got Bandwidth from Vodafone and TATA. So it will Reduce latency to all the locations.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just to keep everybody aware. I have had 7-8 downtimes since I got my act connection 3 weeks back. I still am extremely happy with the speeds I get and the time they take to resolve the downtimes. But 7 breakdowns in first 3 weeks of taking a new connection is a major setback for me. I somewhat regret leaving airtel at times.

@Neo Anderson,Oh that is bad.i guess i am lucky faced only 1 cable cut and 2-3 server download times in 1+ years
hmmm. I still have hopes set on them. But will reconsider if another downtime occurs this week. It's not even the location to be blamed here. I live in koramangala 5 th block near JNC. I rarely used to have any downtime on airtel (which I had for almost 5 years).

Mods is it possible to change the thread tittle from 5Mbps to 10 Mbps?
Forget act those guys don't turn up on time minimum one day for rectification... No backup power goes it goes... Well I Am not preferring act. Don't get fooled by speeds they are using 1:40 contention ratio. Very bad service

I guess Honeymoon period of ACT is over. Since they have changed to fibernet i am facing horrible connection drops every now and then.
No what they have made such a way that if you use 5 GB system will show 10 GB Use some software to measure your data you will be surprised. Answer they gave is you r on high speed so data gets over soon. Are we fools act is fooling us by speeds. I have a friend who is using other connection he can watch HD at 4 mbps. But in act we can watch HD only at 10 mbps. Contention ratio is more.

I don't get the point of just increasing speeds, while keeping the caps low.

cjNebsW.jpg

Doing Speed tests out of India will show their true colors. They have majority of domestic bandwidth than International bandwidth. Meh

Actually I think speed to outside India serve isn't as much the issue as the contention ratio and reliability. I did a speed test just now with Sg, Au and Nl and all gave me at least 50-60% of the advised speed which isn't bad and better than most other ISPs. But what has gone downhill is the connection dropping and peak time speed. Almost every day I have noticed speed to drop as low as 7-10% during 9pm-12pm.

I did notice at the first 10-12 days of this month that half my cap was used which is impossible - I merely use 60-70% till the last few days. I have installed a BW monitor app since to keep an eye.

@boogeyman
I raised a complaint yesterday regarding high usage and today I got a call. I asked the rep to manually check my usage session wise and add up and then he said that some of my previous month's usage was added up with this month. So now my usage is reset to zero now. I think their engineers messed up the usage measuring system/process during the recent update of their portal. If you feel your usage is abnormally high, raise a complaint and have them check - if they are at fault, they should reset the usage to zero.

I got the ACT Blaze 1049 plan 3 weeks ago. Almost every torrent hits 3.4MBps on downloads within 30 seconds with constant speed.

Back