Act Tv Bangalore: 10 Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

Re: Act Tv Bangalore: 5Mbps Unlimited for Rs 1299

For me, they took 1299 (Plan price) + 500 (Installation charge) , as a post dated cheque.

You can knock off Installation charge if u subscribe for 3 months!

Now a days 8 out of 10 Operators are charging 500 For installation.

@Eggman, Let me the type of connection they installed. Did they give you any modem or direct Cat5 To your LAN?

Well I am yet to face any major problems. I did have some downtime a few days back in the morning. I called them up and when I got back from work it was fixed.There is no modem, its a direct cable connection.

Metalspree said:
Even i am close Ramaiah College ,bit skeptical about the service as the reviews in indian broadband forums are bad to worse.

Bro Even Beam in hyderabad is also like that.

While taking the connection, keep the number of local technician, Sales person Etc. Even BeFriend them it would work.

This is how it mostly works in Beam.

soumalidon said:
Well I am yet to face any major problems. I did have some downtime a few days back in the morning. I called them up and when I got back from work it was fixed.There is no modem, its a direct cable connection.

It just like Beam fiber because Beam is also the Group company of ACT broadband. It's FTTB( fiber to the building) About Beam

soumalidon said:
There is no modem, its a direct cable connection.
Make sure youy disconnect the cable during a thunder storm or there is chance of a fried NIC. Otherwise use wi-fi and sacrifice the modem instead.

I have ACT tv for my cable tv, the service is patchy and often i get the 'signal not found' just for TV so this is cable over the trees and reliablilty will be as questionable as any other cable wallah. I would not depend on it as a main account but as a backup it may be useful.

Oh and airtel does not need to compete with ACT as they will kick them in terms of reliability easily.

Cable over trees and electric poles :facepalm: ,then my chances of getting ACT broadband is gone because i remember the electricity board fellas coming to my locality and cutting down all unauthorized cables on electric poles.

blr_p said:
Make sure youy disconnect the cable during a thunder storm or there is chance of a fried NIC. Otherwise use wi-fi and sacrifice the modem instead.

I am using this type of Broadband from 5years.. Chances of such one's NIL

Well i would suggest you guys keep your current connection for like one or two months after getting ACT and if you are happy then disconnect your original connection. That's wat I have done. I have kept my Tata Indicom connection and using ACT as a trial for 2 months. User experience varies from person to person so try it out for yourself.

swatkats said:
I am using this type of Broadband from 5years.. Chances of such one's NIL
Really ? so no thunderstorms where you live then. Just because it has not happened does not mean it never will.

Absence of evidence isn't proof of absence ;)

I had one of these shitty wires coming to my house for three years and it did blow my NIC, not to mention all the NICs of the subscribers on my street as well. If the wiring is faulty on the other end then even more chances of surges making their way through.

You could get a surge protector but its a small defense better to sacrifice something cheaper instead.

you are Right but i am telling you. Nothing like this has happened before.

I'm currently on BSNL's 750Rs plan of 512 unlimited.. and awaiting speed double on their plans..!!!

So much rumors about 512kbps increased to 1mbps unlimited.. B/w Is anybody using this ACT Broadband service at malleshwaram.??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

How is Act BB service at malleshwaram ??

999Rs plan Plus a discount of 10% is really tempting :bleh: .. Guys.. please post reviews of ACT connectivity.. :S

I think I shd now shift to B'lore... I have changed 5 ISP in last 8 months. None is able to give a stable 512kbps also....

Why there is no such ISP in Kolkata :( ???
Anyways, its a gr8 plan even though there may be reliability issues. Currently, I am on BSNL 2Mbps plan with FUP of 15 GB and thereafter 256 Kbps.
And yes its true that during times of Heavy rainfall and Lightning the internet used to stop working, I have even fried 4-5 LAN cards but the number of such instances had reduced lately.
P.S. I have had Broadband Service provided by the local Cable Network Provider for around 5 years before I switched to BSNL 3 months back.;)

Applied for connection on 30th Nov and still no response from them. Every time I call them, they say connection will be done in two days :mad:

Glad I gave a post dated cheque.

Back