Laptops Acer 4730z/4930 vs Dell 1525

ityogi

Recruit
I've seen many posts here recommending Dell 1525 and Acer 4730z/4930 for 30-37k range. I'm not able to decide between the two considering the following points:
  1. Global warranty is a must
  2. Preinstaled Windows XP/Vista
  3. Webcam, card reader and bluetooth needed
  4. 15" or 14" screen
  5. 2GB RAM, 120GB+ HDD

Weight and battery backup is not much of a concern. Build quality and warranty service (also in UK) is more of a concern.

Anyone with inputs on this? I'd appreciate if someone PMs me the contacts of dealers with good deals in Mumbai/Pune.

Thanks.

ityogi said:
I've seen many posts here recommending Dell 1525 and Acer 4730z/4930 for 30-37k range. I'm not able to decide between the two considering the following points:

1. Global warranty is a must
  2. Preinstaled Windows XP/Vista
  3. Webcam, card reader and bluetooth needed
  4. 15" or 14" screen
  5. 2GB RAM, 120GB+ HDD

Weight and battery backup is not much of a concern. Build quality and warranty service (also in UK) is more of a concern.

Anyone with inputs on this? I'd appreciate if someone PMs me the contacts of dealers with good deals in Mumbai/Pune.

Thanks.

NOTE:

1. You will need to pay extra for global completecover warranty. I dont think completecover etc is available through normal dell dealers. Check with customer care though.

I think even normal warranties can be transferred internationaly for dell so long as its onsite service.

2. Dell with preinstalled windows config etc is ~40k

3. Look at dell vostro configs as well.

techie_007 said:
NOTE:

1. You will need to pay extra for global completecover warranty. I dont think completecover etc is available through normal dell dealers. Check with customer care though.
I think even normal warranties can be transferred internationaly for dell so long as its onsite service.

2. Dell with preinstalled windows config etc is ~40k
3. Look at dell vostro configs as well.

Thanks! I'll check with Dell customer care about warranty.

Back