PC Peripherals A Good Flight Sim Joystick?

octave

Adept
Hi,

I've decided to buy Flight Simulator X. I'm looking forward to buy a good joystick priced around 1200-1500. I'd like to know any suggestions about joystick that might work well with FSX.

One option is Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, which looks good. Is there any other joystick from logitech or saitek that fits my budget? I don't want to go for Attack 3 joystick though.

P.S. If anyone knows abt a good FSX + Joystick bundle, do let me know! :)

-octave.

You won't get the POV hat with the Attack. The 3D pro does have it, but isn't available here (unless someone imported it). You could try the Saitek Cyborg Evo - its a very good Joystick.

The best controller to play FSX is not any joystick, its the XBOX 360 controller. I personally know the devs and unless you have some really funky professional gear costing a few thousand dollars, the 360 controller is what they recommend and this is the device they used during development.

Chaos said:
The best controller to play FSX is not any joystick, its the XBOX 360 controller. I personally know the devs and unless you have some really funky professional gear costing a few thousand dollars, the 360 controller is what they recommend and this is the device they used during development.

Thanks chaos The xbox 360 controller never crossed my mind :). So shortlisting Saitek Cyborg Evo (suggested by AK3D) and xbox 360 controller. Will take a decision in a couple of days. Buying the game today and will probably buy the acceleration pack in January.

Bought FSX. Its manual also features the Xbox 360 controller, and so I'm leaning more towards it.

What is the current price of the controller, and where can I get it here in Mumbai?

Thanks,
octave.

I'm getting weird quotes around here. I was quoted around 2.4k for the controller, which was consistent across 3-4 shops. JJMehta quoted 1.9k.

octave said:
I'm getting weird quotes around here. I was quoted around 2.4k for the controller, which was consistent across 3-4 shops. JJMehta quoted 1.9k.

i had got it for 1.55k + shipping from Delta Peripherals, Chennai

try Prime ABGB in Mumbai :)

Back