A Good Camera Phone...

stavan_d

Disciple
hey

I am looking for a good camera phone around 10-12k.

at the least 5 mp (cant afford any 8 mp cam phones).

Other requirements

OS is not of gr8 importance.

But should have a decent Music Player and Sound Quality.

it should also have a good keypad or good touch inputs (though wanna avoid touch phones) as i have to text a lot.

should support few apps like whats app messenger, Nimbuzz, and a few games.

thanks in advance for the inputs

sd

It is not about Megapixel buddy,most mobile cameras are useless even for casual photography.

Why don`t you buy a cheap digital camera and a mp3 player and a 1.5-2k phone?

For a budget of 12k,you will never find a half decent camera phone...sad but true!!

Samsung Galaxy Ace. Would not recommend this phone otherwise, but suits your requirements. You would need to stretch your budget to ~13k to get it. Good camera (although low video recording resolution), good audio quality, decent battery life and runs GB now. SE Xperia mini, HTC Wildfire S and Nokia 600 have 5MP cams too, but of poor quality.

Update:

Having reviewed your requirements again (of texting, camera and audio quality), i am tempted to make you an unprecedented suggestion to consider the HTC ChaCha(strange suggestion, i know), which fulfills your requirements, and is best suited for you. It has a decent cam, decent audio quality, good portrait QWERTY keyboard for texting, costs ~12k and should be considered. (The old Nokia C6-00 would have been a choice too, had it not been phased out).

@op, I would suggest you to get second hand n8 else get Xperia mini pro.. Which I'm using right has the best qwerty keypad which as per your requirement, you message a lot & your budget. The 5mp snapper does a lot.

thanks everyone for the suggestions...

have narrowed down SE Xperia Pro, Live with Walkman and HTC ChaCha

Not a big fan for Ace or many of the low end Samsung phones...

now for the final blow... help me finalize from the 3.. (i am still open to new suggestions)

thanks

sd

thanks everyone for the suggestions...

Not a big fan for Ace or many of the low end Samsung phones...

now for the final blow... help me finalize from the 3.. (i am still open to new suggestions)

thanks

sd

Dude, specify your budget properly. Xperia Pro costs 20k. Are you talking about Xperia Mini pro? that too is 14.5k.

Dont go for chacha if you are looking for a cameraphone. Its camera sucks big time (all HTC cameras in fact, bar some new releases). Go to http://www.gsmarena.com/ and check the review of chacha.

As for Xperia mini pro and Xperia Live with walkman, they have identical cameras. So go for Xperia mini pro if you want qwerty keypad, Live with walkman if you want a slightly larger display.

I would suggest you to have a look at Nokia C6-01 too. It has gorgious AMOLED clearblack display, decent 8 MP camera sans Autofocus, Great HD video recording, Great music quality and it has started shipping with Symbian belle out of the box too. Symbian doesnt have as much apps as that of android, but it has all those which you have mentioned.

So take chacha out of the equation if you are after a cameraphone. Have a look at SE mini pro, Live with walkman and C6-01. Go to GSMArena and read the review of the phones and check the camera quality yourself.

thanks

sd

Here are the links for your conveniecnce..

Phones: SE Xperia Pro, SE Live with walkman, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Nokia C6-01, HTC Chacha

Camera review: SE Live with walkman, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Nokia C6-01, HTC Chacha

Camera comparison: MiniPro vs Live vs c6-01

Approximate Prices: SE Xperia Pro, SE Live with walkman, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Nokia C6-01, HTC Chacha

buy the C6-01 dude, it the best phone you can get in your budget and the CBD AMOLED is also great
<

Dude, specify your budget properly. Xperia Pro costs 20k. Are you talking about Xperia Mini pro? that too is 14.5k.

Dont go for chacha if you are looking for a cameraphone. Its camera sucks big time (all HTC cameras in fact, bar some new releases). Go to http://www.gsmarena.com/ and check the review of chacha.

As for Xperia mini pro and Xperia Live with walkman, they have identical cameras. So go for Xperia mini pro if you want qwerty keypad, Live with walkman if you want a slightly larger display.

I would suggest you to have a look at Nokia C6-01 too. It has gorgious AMOLED clearblack display, decent 8 MP camera sans Autofocus, Great HD video recording, Great music quality and it has started shipping with Symbian belle out of the box too. Symbian doesnt have as much apps as that of android, but it has all those which you have mentioned.

So take chacha out of the equation if you are after a cameraphone. Have a look at SE mini pro, Live with walkman and C6-01. Go to GSMArena and read the review of the phones and check the camera quality yourself.

Here are the links for your conveniecnce..

Phones: SE Xperia Pro, SE Live with walkman, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Nokia C6-01, HTC Chacha

Camera review: SE Live with walkman, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Nokia C6-01, HTC Chacha

Camera comparison: MiniPro vs Live vs c6-01

Approximate Prices: SE Xperia Pro, SE Live with walkman, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Nokia C6-01, HTC Chacha

@rtkomar

sorry i meant Xperia Mini Pro... my budget is around 12k but if i get a really good phone i'll think about stretching it...

thanks for the details and the links... i m not a big fan of Nokia but will consider C6-01 too...

ChaCha is no longer into consideration...

there are lot of 5 MP Camera Phones ranging from bar phones like Nokia C5 to budget androids within your budget of 12K. If your texting a lot, then QWERTY phones are suitable, Nokia E6 comes to my mind, thought doutful how good is its 5 MP Camera.

here is a nice camera comparision tool.

www.[b]gsmarena[/b].com/piccmp.php3

i was comparing Nokias C6-01 8MP, Widlfire S 5 MP, Galaxy Ace 5 MP, all three are similarly priced phones. I am not sure why but C601s 8 MP is struggling to look even decent before both the android phones. Galaxy Ace is looking best of all three.

i was comparing Nokias C6-01 8MP, Widlfire S 5 MP, Galaxy Ace 5 MP, all three are similarly priced phones. I am not sure why but C601s 8 MP is struggling to look even decent before both the android phones. Galaxy Ace is looking best of all three.

Yes, Ace has one of the best 5 MP camera in midrange devices but video recording sucks big time. And it is old now and no longer good for its price apart from the camera and Gorilla Glass. But Nokia C6-01 is much better than Wildfire S.

http://www.gsmarena....7&idPhone3=3724

Select ISO 12233 Chart and Move the green box over those coloured boxes and where its written Colour Chart #13. You can easily note the difference.

how is Moto Defy? is it a good Cam phone? or does the phone have a good cam?

I have seen,online that it can be rooted to android 2.3.4 the bigger screen would be a good advantage for typing too..

if i m exceeding my budget and getting a brand new phone then might as well get the best bang for the buck...

Don't forget Samsung Focus. It' 5 mp camera with flash is also a good shooter IMHO, much better than Galaxy S series phones (i9000,captivate,vibrant and numerous stripped down variants).

Back