8gb kingston pendrive for rs. 350!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah .. i actually went there with my lappy and tested around 8-10 pendrives there ...these fake chinese things started showing errors after some 500mb-2gb of data copied to the drive ... these are only for the bluffmasters who can replace someone's original pen drive with one of these ... i will not give my pen drive to anyone from now on :D .. coz i might get a fake copy in return :p

why are people buying this stuff when i guess the real flash usb drives are nothing above 16 or 32 gb is it ?

I'll tell you if you go from the rivoli side and the gate near jeevan bharti building.. go into the inner circle in palika bazaar ..
when you reach there on the left side some lofar type of guys will be sitting in a shop... around 4-5 . thats the shop..

even i bought two pen drives from there

8GB and 20 GB and i could hardly copy 512 MB on those... they were showing the size of drive correct but as soon as you put more data on that the data gets corrupt.

I F#ckin threw the pen drives in his shop when he refuesd to change them..

A friend of mine flies to shanghai often

Amazingly there he got a 250 GB pendrive for ~Rs.300

I know hoe improbable it sounds but it is true

not the fastest pendrive abt 10 mbps transfers but is true to its capacity

copied bout 200gb of movies n games on it n its working fine

greenhorn said:
to be honest, if its a dud drive, it serves your friend right for lowballing like that :p

Agreed. You always get what you pay for. That thing has a 6 month warranty because its probably not going to last more than that. There are a lot of fakes going around in the market for Kingston products like RAM and Flash drives. Those flash drives do not usually last very long and several have problems if you copy more than half the drives capacity. I wouldnt use those drives with important data.

boomshankar said:
A friend of mine flies to shanghai often

Amazingly there he got a 250 GB pendrive for ~Rs.300

I know hoe improbable it sounds but it is true

not the fastest pendrive abt 10 mbps transfers but is true to its capacity

copied bout 200gb of movies n games on it n its working fine

Not so improbable, but i m betting it ll go kaput soon enough. Flash memory isnt that cheap, yet :bleh: even in china ;)

^^amazing 250gb drive...lolz.....imagine the chip cost of 300buxx lolz...to make it...to make a 250gb flash drive even the chip cost wud go more than 3k buxx..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back