50K gaming pc

arg

Recruit
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better. Delete whatever you feel is not required.
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 50K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - Amd athlon 64 2.0GHz
    2. Motherboard - Winfast XXX
    3. GPU - Asus Geforce 8400GS
    4. RAM - Transcend 1GB DDR
    5. Monitor - LG(CRT)
    6. SMPS - XXX
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    1. No
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - Amd Phenom2 X6 1090T B.E.(3.2GHz,9MB cache)
    2. Motherboard - Asus motherboard M4A88T-M-LE
    3. GPU - Asus Nvidia Geforce Gtx560
    4. Ram - Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (x2)
    5. Psu - Cooler master extreme power series 600
    6. Keyboard & Mouse - Logitech G100 Gaming Desktop 920-003387
    7. Monitor- LG 22'' LED :E2260V
    8. Cpu Case - Cooler master chasis elite 430
    9. Hdd - Seagate 1Tb
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. Final configuration for at least 2 years.
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Jamshedpur
    2. Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. Desktop Processing
    4. Download rig, 24x7 operation
    5. Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. No.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Strategy - Crysis 2
    2. Racing - Need For Speed RUN
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x800
    2. Desktop - 1280x960
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. Yes
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit

This is what I would recommend --

Intel Core i5 2500k ~12500/- [Comparison of the AMD hex-core vs. Intel Core i5 @stock settings --> http://www.anandtech...duct/203?vs=288] + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2200/- [to keep your processor cool while over-clocking and to help it from dying in the summer heat of north India]

ASUS P8Z77M ~9500/- [latest Intel chipset with great over-clocking potential]

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3400/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~5500/- [if you have an older SATA hard-drive from your dead RIG, use that to save money here]

LG / Samsung OEM DVD drive ~1000/-

nVidia GTX 560Ti ~12900/- [better than the GTX 560 and currently the minimum you should buy for future titles]

Corsair VX 550W ~4500/- OR Seasonic S12 620W ~4800/- [please avoid the Cooler Master eLite Power Plus series SMPS especially if you are looking at over-clocking and 24 x7 operation status]

Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/- OR NZXT Gamma ~3000/-

Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [Dell after sales service is well received and developed in India, also this is a full HD capable monitor with LED back-light and HDMI-out]

This is the minimum you will have to invest in an over-clockable gaming RIG. Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Few pointers to consider before buying the aforementioned RIG --
  • Try to go for Intel Core i5 2500k as AMD hex-cores are not gaming grade processor as well consume more power @stock clocks.
  • If you can wait for ~1 -->2 months for this purchase Intel is realising Ivy-Bridge chips and they might cause some ripples in the market and potential price changes.
  • AMD HD 78** series are out and have put some good numbers in Benchmarks vis-a-vis current generation cards, here are reviews --> http://www.tomshardw...hmark,3148.html / http://www.techpower...HD_7870/30.html / http://www.anandtech...outhern-islands. If you can invest in these cards you will be set for ~3 years easy with most titles in high --> moderate detail @full HD resolution.
  • Seasonic S12II and Corsair VX SMPS are more reliable and efficient than the Cooler Master eLite series SMP, this will make a big difference in 24 x7 operational hours.

Edit -- #arg Sire, I have a few questions to ask
  1. Are you willing to compromise on over-clocking to get the RIG within budget?
  2. Do you want the absolute latest cutting edge in components OR you are fine with older options?
  3. Do you think you can hold on this purchase for a month OR do you want an immediate purchase?

Please answer these questions to ensure a better more tailored response.

This rig is going way over it's almost 60-62k,Nzxt Gamma is 2.4k not 3k,it'd be better if op waits for little price cut off on gpu and cpu because of the latest releases.Adding 10-15k would be difficult for op.There's no room for sacrifice so gpu is the only thing i think we could cut on.

Intel Core i5 2500k ~12500/- [Comparison of the AMD hex-core vs. Intel Core i5 @stock settings --> http://www.anandtech...duct/203?vs=288] + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2200/- [to keep your processor cool while over-clocking and to help it from dying in the summer heat of north India]

ASUS P8Z77M ~9500/- [latest Intel chipset with great over-clocking potential]

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3400/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~5500/- [if you have an older SATA hard-drive from your dead RIG, use that to save money here]

LG / Samsung OEM DVD drive ~1000/-

nVidia GTX 560Ti ~12900/- [better than the GTX 560 and currently the minimum you should buy for future titles]

Corsair VX 550W ~4500/- OR Seasonic S12 620W ~4800/- [please avoid the Cooler Master eLite Power Plus series SMPS especially if you are looking at over-clocking and 24 x7 operation status]

Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/- OR NZXT Gamma ~3000/-

Dell ST2220L ~8500/- [Dell after sales service is well received and developed in India, also this is a full HD capable monitor with LED back-light and HDMI-out]

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Few pointers to consider before buying the aforementioned RIG --
  • Try to go for Intel Core i5 2500k as AMD hex-cores are not gaming grade processor as well consume more power @stock clocks.
  • If you can wait for ~1 -->2 months for this purchase Intel is realising Ivy-Bridge chips and they might cause some ripples in the market and potential price changes.
  • AMD HD 78** series are out and have put some good numbers in Benchmarks vis-a-vis current generation cards, here are reviews --> http://www.tomshardw...hmark,3148.html / http://www.techpower...HD_7870/30.html / http://www.anandtech...outhern-islands. If you can invest in these cards you will be set for ~3 years easy with most titles in high --> moderate detail @full HD resolution.
  • Seasonic S12II and Corsair VX SMPS are more reliable and efficient than the Cooler Master eLite series SMP, this will make a big difference in 24 x7 operational hours.

This is the minimum you will have to invest in an over-clockable gaming RIG.

1)Nzxt Gamma is 2.4k not 3k,it'd be better if op waits for little price cut off on gpu and cpu because of the latest releases.

2)Adding 15k would be difficult for op.There's no room for sacrifice so gpu is the only thing i think we could cut on.

He is in a complex situation, let me allay your doubts with the questions you have posed me --

1) He is residing in Jamshedpur, ensuring favourable conditions and an online purchase [from Prime ABGB], the cabinet will easily come upto ~3000/- [inclusive shipping and most favourable terms of shipping].

2) I have categorized a few points after the RIG suggestions, I think I will add a few questions to those directed toward OP about his budgetary constraints and if he is willing to pull out over-clocking and a few frills in exchange for a budget gaming RIG. OR whether he can invest the requisite money into this RIG.

Edit -- #arg Sire, I have a few questions to ask
  1. Are you willing to compromise on over-clocking to get the RIG within budget?
  2. Do you want the absolute latest cutting edge in components OR you are fine with older options?
  3. Do you think you can hold on this purchase for a month OR do you want an immediate purchase?

Please answer these questions to ensure a better more tailored response.

Thank You sir.

1. Sir I would compromise with the overclocking because budget is a little more important.

2. I will be keeping my pc for one and a half year or atmost two so should i go for i5 along with the board for 24k or with phenom x6 with board costing 13.5k. And for the reason of budget i have droped the idea of gtx560ti and went for gtx560.

Thank You sir.

1. Sir I would compromise with the overclocking because budget is a little more important.

2. I will be keeping my pc for one and a half year or atmost two so should i go for i5 along with the board for 24k or with phenom x6 with board costing 13.5k. And for the reason of budget i have droped the idea of gtx560ti and went for gtx560.

1) Okay if you can drop over-clocking, wait for Intel Ivy-Bridge to launch [tentative staggered launch between April 23rd --> early June], depending on reviews and availability of new chipsets [especially the H77 in your case] you might be able to strike a better deal.

2) Considering cutting back to an AMD Phenom IIx6 is a strict no-no due to the fact that it was not optimized for gaming as well as it being an EoL product. The AMD processor gets mauled by the lither Intel Core i5 2500 -->http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/203?vs=288 [refer to the gaming scores as well as power draw]

As for your graphics card, try to get the GTX 560Ti as anything below it will not hold well for HD-gaming for more than the next ~6 months. If possible try to go for the AMD HD 7850 2GB once it slides below ~16000/- [which I can say will be in a month OR two as soon as Kepler equivalent cards are out].

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

intel ivy bridge is just released. So is it under budget and also better than sandy bridge?

What are the best sites for online purchase?

Sir, I wanted to know that if hyper 212 evo would fit in cm elite 430?

The CM hyper 212 EVO is easily fit on CM Elite 430.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

http://s1057.photobucket.com/albums/t394/macrock7/?action=view&current=pc270006.jpg
This is the link for clear your doubt about installing CM hyper 212 EVO in CM Elite 430.

Or you can go through this forums:-
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pow...aster-elite-430-431-discussion-thread-12.html

Hope this help.
Cheers.

Sir, in the psu's which one is better corsair tx650 or gs700?

I will explain it to you the difference between this two PSU.
The GS700 is actually CWT PSHII, so very similar to the TX unit you're looking at. The GS units are more than just fine, but even the older TX is just a little bit more premium Or maybe get the TX so you can get a 5 year rather than 3 year warranty and the Only significant difference you will get in GS700 is that he is a Teapo secondary capacitors while the TX650 has Nippon Chemi-Con caps. And the GS700 maybe has slightly higher rated rectifiers.
Go to this link for the specification of GS700.
Corsair GS700 PSU (REVIEW) Enigma8750

CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Gaming Series GS700 700W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Hope this will help you.

Cheers.

Sir, in the psu's which one is better corsair tx650 or gs700?

Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/- is the better bet.

It is better in the following spheres --
  • better design [components / internally];
  • efficient;
  • better capacitors are components used;
  • longer warranty.

If this is too expensive for you go for the Seasonic S12II 520W OR 620W flavours; be wary though they have shorter cables.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

"Seasonic S12II 520W OR 620W flavours; be wary though they have shorter cables."

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Alpha sorry to be bumping into the threat/post. I've have been using myself "Seasonic S12II 520W" on a Nzxt Gamma although it's a mid-tower cabinet which is same as the "CM Elite 430." I thought the cables where perfect not too lengthy nor too short. I found it at ease when using seasonic 520w connecting them to every single corner of the cabinet.
Even though there are more factors for op coming into play like graphic card connectors and front and top exhaust fans connectors.. etc. I think It's perfect to manage and definitely not short from my point of view.
Whatever, let op choose what he wants, The best we can do is tell them. ;-)

Whatever, let op choose what he wants, The best we can do is tell them.

The NZXT Gamma and Cooler Master eLite 430 are the entry level mid-towers and are very compact compared to higher priced offerings.

I am comparing the cable lengths of the Seasonic S12II series vis-a-vis more mainstream Corsair and Cooler Master [Real Power Pro and Silent Pro] offerings. I think @quan chi bought a S12II 620W recently and his views can also be solicited in this scenario.

Nothing personal just clarifying the reason I said the Seasonic cables are short. Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The NZXT Gamma and Cooler Master eLite 430 are the entry level mid-towers and are very compact compared to higher priced offerings.

I am comparing the cable lengths of the Seasonic S12II series vis-a-vis more mainstream Corsair and Cooler Master [Real Power Pro and Silent Pro] offerings. I think quan chi bought a S12II 620W recently and his views can also be solicited in this scenario.

Nothing personal just clarifying the reason I said the Seasonic cables are short. Cheerio!!

@Alpha:

"Nothing personal over here also alpha, I just thought of saying it because of i was using it and know about it, thats all! Cheers!"
Besides I don't jump into topics, which I don't know about! :)"
@arg: Why don't you go for NZXT gama rather than CM Elite 430, I presonally think gama is really good cabinet and cable management can done really good in it and all that HDD slots and Cd drive bays.. air flow... etc all together it's a complete go for the money. Even I was little taken back about the shape of it when alpha suggested me to buy this one. But once i got this I does look good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back