50-55K Gaming Laptop

Which one?

• Total voters
No
Both Laptops are not same, the Ivy bridge model is Nvidia GT650 and Blue Ray Drive with 1600x900
the Sandy Bridge is Ati 7670 DVD multi drive

3rd Gen because.. Battery life & Resale value 2yrs later..

it is 57k on snapdeal and 60k on Flipkart !!

Ok, so lets leave the toshiba out.

Now between the Dell(i7 3612 and ATI 7730) and the Samsung(i5 3210 and NVIDIA 650m ), which is better.

Even with the DDR3 VRAM the GT650M is still better than the HD7730M as even the lower clocked GT640M with DDR3 beats the HD7730M.

The difference should be about ~15-20% between the two GPU's. But as a laptop brand Dell is a much better choice than a Samsung especially at the high end where design matters since the case is housing high end components that produces more heat.

If raw gaming power is needed then the Samsung, else the Dell.

Review Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Okay. So now I need to search for some deals on the Samsung.

Any other reliable store apart from Flipkart?

Do note that a laptop with a 15-inch 1366x screen will have crap resolution, and usually, contrast. I saved some bucks and picked up the previous generation Asus K53SV with a GT540, as I don't see the logic of mating modern components with a prehistoric screen. And all of these laptops share that trait, coupled with the Windows OS tendency to wash out colours even more. I can tell you this story does not change much across brands.

Gaming is functionally good for me but if you've ever seen a good screen you will be disappointed. Similar story with sound, which really sucks in a lptop. I do hate laptops but given my need to stay connected for the six months of my home renovation (and fickle to absent network/IT infrastructure during that time) made this a forced purchase.

Bump

- - - Updated - - -
@cranky
i am not sure what resolution the asus has, but the samsung is 1600X900.
Also, if there are any sub 55k good asus laptops, please give the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN Series 5 NP550P5C-S01IN is great laptop, reviews are only bad because of no official driver comes yet. Everything is perfect! complete VFM laptop.

I guess I'd stick with the Samsung.

Bigger screen Anti Reflective. Better graphics. AMD Radeon HD 7640G and HD 7670M Dual Graphics

Back