Budget 71-90K 4k Gaming PC for LG OLED C1

Yes, I am from Kolkata, and prices in MDcomputers and Vedan has always been lower, sometimes lower than what they list online, so I would buy from there only; all my stuff has always come from them.

Not looking to buy used.

Thanks for all the suggestions, since I already have a PS5 (sold my Xbox Series X last year), it would be better if I wait a bit, and get the 5800x+4080 combo; waiting for 2 years doesn't make sense, too far away. If I sell my RTX 2070 Super at a desirable price, I will buy one of them. Should I buy the CPU first or the GPU, considering the price fall possibilities of the latter?
Given that used and last gen GPU prices are falling like nine pins, you will get better value for 2070 Super now than later. But then your CPU can become a bottleneck for 4K gaming.

Short answer: get both cpu and gpu.

If you are okay with getting lower value for 2070 Super later and are on a tight budget, upgrade the CPU first. AMD would want 5800x3D to go out of stock to make people buy AM5 chips.

GPUs are too enpensive, doesn’t make sense to buy 30 series now. Will get Ryzen 7 5800x3D first, and the price falls, RTX 4080, if 4090 comes below 1.5L, then will consider the latter.

GPUs are too enpensive, doesn’t make sense to buy 30 series now. Will get Ryzen 7 5800x3D first, and the price falls, RTX 4080, if 4090 comes below 1.5L, then will consider the latter.
IMO, if you're considering 5800X3D, consider any Zen 4 CPU instead. 30k for 5800X3D is overpriced, and anything like a Ryzen 5 7600 will be on par with it. Plus, it gives you a newer platform and DDR5.

IMO, if you're considering 5800X3D, consider any Zen 4 CPU instead. 30k for 5800X3D is overpriced, and anything like a Ryzen 5 7600 will be on par with it. Plus, it gives you a newer platform and DDR5.
OP can just get 5800X3D & use it with the current mobo & RAM, hence saving about 15-20k over an R5 7600 based system which needs a new mobo & DDR5.

Indeed, I’ll probably be in a better position, financially, to upgrade again in 2.5 years time. And just want to upgrade so that I can game at least at 4K 60fps, rather than waiting for better times to roll (which might not happen also; who knows the future).

Already have the PS5, just want a system that can handle GTA6 at 4K60. Too much to ask from RTX 4080?

Indeed, I’ll probably be in a better position, financially, to upgrade again in 2.5 years time. And just want to upgrade so that I can game at least at 4K 60fps, rather than waiting for better times to roll (which might not happen also; who knows the future).

Already have the PS5, just want a system that can handle GTA6 at 4K60. Too much to ask from RTX 4080?
No one knows how GTA 6 will perform so no one can say for sure, but the 4080 sounds like the new target for PC devs for 4k60 and should be enough. Presumably, since GTA V was launched for consoles first, if GTA 6 does the same and then has the target of achieving 4k60 on Series X/PS5, then your 4080 should be more than enough since those consoles have the equivalent of about a 2070S iirc.

If GTA VI is as heavy as CP 2077, 4K 60fps at high is possible for 4080 (check the pic I posted earlier).

OP can just get 5800X3D & use it with the current mobo & RAM, hence saving about 15-20k over an R5 7600 based system which needs a new mobo & DDR5.
And OP can also sell his current motherboard, CPU and memory for around 20k. Add cooler cost to the 5800X3D as well, but if OP already has one, that's fine. 7600 + DDR5 + B650 won't cost more than 40k. Sure, it's a bit more hassle, but spending 30k on a previous gen CPU seems pointless now

Edit: just noticed that OP indeed uses stock cooler. So add an AG620 to the list. That brings the total to about 35.6k, best case. 7600 costs 21k, B650 costs 15k, and 16GB 6000 RAM costs 5.5k. Do tell me the more plausible choice now.

OP, 5800X3D would be the easiest and most hassle free upgrade for you now, but consider Zen 4 as well. You get benefits like DDR5 and PCIe Gen 4. Also, if you're planning on adding more NVMe storage, do note that your GPU PCIe bandwidth will be cut as well. Number of accessible SATA ports will come down too.

Last edited:
I have been using 3060 on 4K Samsung QLED for sometime. Lem'me tell you, DLSS is a game changer. Still, I can't get constant 60 FPS in many new titles.
For that, there's an inbuilt Motion Interpolation in many TV's. In Samsung, it's called GAME MOTION PLUS. Think of DLSS Fame Generation ;) which is a more advanced form of Motion Interpolation.

So, Whenever I get around 40 to 50 FPS, I turn it on, and on TV it looks like I am getting 80 to 100 FPS. It really smooths the frame output by adding extra frames.

On your LG, it should be present with some other name. Maybe TrueMotion or Motion Plus , something like that. Do try it.

Considering today's titles, I would suggest to wait for 4090 cause of one simple reason, VRAM. 4080 is available for exact100K but 16GB VRAM will not be enough for 4K gaming ( in many AAA titles ) after some time. Still, you can also sell it and upgrade after some time.
So, If you want now, buy 4080 and upgrade after a year.

Also, you CPU will be bottlenecked, better to upgrade.

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone for your detailed and continued engagement in the thread posts. With all the information and options, I think it is best to wait till Sep-Oct 2023 and save enough to go for a more holistic upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
1683628632912.png
What's your thought on this? Is this watered down estimation, or am I getting ~56% boost in gaming performance by spending Rs. 38,000 (CPU+Cooler) extra?

In comparison, (Although costs Rs.59k. i.e. 20k more)
1683629508226.png

Last edited:
Is it unreliable?
Yes, check benchmarks from reputed sites or youtubers. Its a painful task to have benchmark of all CPU + GPU + RAM combo because there are a lot of combinations possible. So the only way is to check CPU review, GPU review & RAM tests separately.

I'd recommend Hardware Unboxed.

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. I have given in to the temptation and ordered AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D. Next up is the RTX 4080. Any suggestions on the brand? I definitely don't want to go for Inno3D, was thinking about Zotac for its 3+2 years of warranty but turns out they are both part of the same parent brand (PC Partners). Should I go for these or MSI/ASUS?

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. I have given in to the temptation and ordered AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D. Next up is the RTX 4080. Any suggestions on the brand? I definitely don't want to go for Inno3D, was thinking about Zotac for its 3+2 years of warranty but turns out they are both part of the same parent brand (PC Partners). Should I go for these or MSI/ASUS?
Gigabyte has 3+1 years of warranty after registration, so can be considered as well. Avoid Inno3D & Colorful IMO, see which is cheapest avoiding these two.

40 series is not VRAM quality and power limit sensitive like 30 series is. For example, MSI ventus, inno non chill and colorful non igame are the worst 30 series cards. Avoid these. Msi suprim x, ROG strix are so good that these behave like a higher tier card among 3080 tis. Zotac and Galax are solid too. Ventus 3080 ti is so bad that it touches a 3070 ti. This is not the case with 40 series especially 4080. All 4080 cards have overkill vram and power limits. Every 4080 has a 4090 cooler so cooling is not an issue either. There is very less sense to go for ASUS/MSI unless the price is same. Gigabyte is good too but ZOTAC, inno 3d and Galax are the best buy period. My order of preference is ZOTAC> Galax> Inno 3d. All three have excellent customer support thanks to Kaizen. Zotac is better among these three because of extended warranty and even higher stock for replacement. A small advantage of Galax and inno 3d is, there is a greater probability of receiving a 4090 during RMA. Zotac has such a huge pile of cards that you always receive the same card.

No, gigabyte handles its own RMA but Gigabyte is good too. ZOTAC is just better for a 4080 because of higher warranty and very few compromises in terms of design.

Back