3.5mm to 2.5mm jack for Nokia phone

Hello,
I have a Nokia 3110 classic. Its headset has been long lost. I used to have a couple of music players. One of those which had a rechargeable battery no longer gets charged and the other one runs on AAA size cells which run out pretty fast. Its also got some problems with its keys.

So I have some podcasts I want to listen to. Sure I can sit in front of the computer and do it, but running an HD4870 for listening to podcasts is not exactly economic!

So I want to connect my "normal" headsets with 3.5mm jack to the 2.5mm slot in my phone. I found a couple of them on ebay, the cheapest costing Rs.45 + Rs. 30 s/h = Total of Rs. 75.

Code:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270335659081&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=270334790747&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4[/url]

Is it really worth Rs. 75 ? I mean, like its just a small piece of plastic with some metal inside it. Ok, I know that an iPod would also match that description :) . But in this case, its only a plastic casing with some 3 conductors inside right?

Would it cost less if bought locally?

The product at the link you have posted may not work and you may get audio in only 1 side. The Nokia 3110 2.5 jack looks different.

Better buy locally after checking with your phone.

i had bought a 2.5 to 3.5 converter in lamington road for around 30-40 bucks.

search some local stores, im sure youll find it.

i have bought it once to use Creative EP630 with nokia 5200 EM, and that combo was better than SE W810 with its default earphones. So its nt that bad ....

@NOS007 :
I bought it from Palika Bazaar, but u can buy from Nehru Place, Gaffar Market etc (whichever is easily accessible to u) ...

Can someone recommend good earphones for my Nokia E66? I have a audio 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio connector and use samsung earphones.The quality is nice but the call quality sucks.I am thinking of Nokia EH-701.It has forward/backward, Play/pause and call switch.but it's 3.5mm.

Is this combination good?

Nokia AD-53 3.5mm to 2.5mm AV Audio Adapter Connector | eBay

Plus

</title><meta name="description" content="ORIGINAL Nokia WH-701 Music Stereo Handsfree Headset in Mobile Accessories , Handsfree, Headsets , Nokia |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="ORIGINAL Nokia WH-701 Music Stereo Handsfree Headset, Mobile Acce

Also.. please let me know what you think about the quality of these earphones.I bought one and it just ripped off.Need to get a replacement.

Back