Monitors 24" LCD Monitor, Need Help in picking one

L33TWiZaRd

Disciple
Hi guys...

Need your help asap in choosing a monitor.

I'm looking to buy a monitor by this weekend if all things go as planned.

Budget 12-16K

My Requirements:

Screen Size: 23-24" inches

Panel Type: TN (Twisted Nematic) Glossy

Peripherals to be connected: PC, Xbox360 and PS3

Main Usage: Console Gaming, Watching HiDef Anime/Movies/Shows

Secondary Usage: HTML/Css Coding and web-site designing, Adobe Photoshop and AdobeFlash (Text and Graphics)

Other: LED Backlit, Multiple Video Input connections and atleast 3year warranty with a decent dead pixel replacement policy.

I'm looking at Dell, Acer, AOC, ASUS, BenQ and ViewSonic (LG and Samsung too) for now. Any ideas?? Haven't set my mind on a particular model yet though.

Here is my present short list:

Acer H235 (Lacks LED and unsure about after sales service)

AOC 2434PW

BenQ G2420 HD (Lacks LED and Poor after sales)

Dell ST2410 (Lacks LED)

Dell G2410 (Lacks HDMI)

Dell SP2309W

Samsung P2350

i own a dell g-2410 and i love it!

excellent image quality and very low power consumption its got some eco friendly mode - dont know much about that.

comes with dvi-d and vga connectors.

if anything chose dell for the after sales support its simple fantastic!

Thanks Sunny for your suggestion.

I have that monitor on my short list but it lacks HDMI :(.

How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it from? Also how many years warranty?

Also what is your primary usage like? Do you use it for Graphics or Coding? How is the performance?

Regarding the After Sales Service, are you going by personal experience when you say Dell is excellent?

@Konquerror : Are you presently using one yourself?

What is your primary usage like?

Any ideas on Benq's after sales service.....How is it like?

i had a 19 inch 1908wfp and after it got spoilt i got free direct upgrade to g2410 in 24 hours.hope that answers your question abt dell's after sales service.

all i know is that i got my original dell 1908wfp from mahavir computers @ lamington road in may 2009 --last year for 7100rs and now i have a dell g2410 worth 15--16k and i have three years warranty on my lcd.

all dell lcds come with 3 years warranty unless you buy a dell vostro/inspiron desktop.

Thanks guys for your views.

The reason i need a HDMI connection is that I have to connect three devices simultaneously. PC, 360 and PS3.

Any ideas as to Samsung SyncMaster availability in India?

Back