Monitors 22" monitor+where to buy

surajspai

Disciple
hello,

a few months back,i had opened a similar thread and purchased a benq e2220.now,i need another one,and am not sure which one to take.i wanted to get another e2220,but it prices have gone up quite a bit,as a new one comes for ~9.5k

so,my options are

benq g2222hdl

dell st2220l-7850+300 smc/8300 letsbuy

dell st2220m-7775+300 smc

all in the priceband of ~7800rs,with 300 extra for shipping.

i thought of getting the dell st2220l as it is only 100rs more than the 2220m,and comes with hdmi.(smc international price)

which of these do i choose?

and,never having used dell service before

1.how is their support?

2.replacement policy?

3.and will i get replacements for bad pixels?how many bad pixels before i get a replacement?

and its not qouted on the dell site anymore.so,is it EOL?will i still get service and replacements say after another two and a half years?

i understand all offer a 3 year warranty,so for any rma or service,do i contact the dealer or dell service directly?i will be buying online as local prices are ~10k for the above models and ASS is non existent too.main thing i am looking for is after sales service.

now,which is the cheapest place to buy a st2220l?smc price is 8100rupees with road shipping.letsbuy price is 8200(which reduces if i add a coupon)

kindly reply

surajspai said:
ST2220L .. and its not qouted on the dell site anymore.so,is it EOL?will i still get service and replacements say after another two and a half years?

i understand all offer a 3 year warranty,so for any rma or service,do i contact the dealer or dell service directly?i will be buying online as local prices are ~10k for the above models and ASS is non existent too.main thing i am looking for is after sales service.

now,which is the cheapest place to buy a st2220l?smc price is 8100rupees with road shipping.letsbuy price is 8200(which reduces if i add a coupon)

kindly reply

Dell is very good for Replacement (ASS) but as the ST2220L is EOL (NO MORE with DELL) they just offering DELL ST2220M (NO HDMI port) or Refurbished DELL ST2220L if you want replacement if any fault occur in warranty period.

If not going to use HDMI than better stick with ST2220M or look at an IPS panel from LG under 10k & so far I heard from Dealer now LG provide service minimum within 24 hrs to 72 hrs after you ask same.

ok,so if i were to use a hdmi-dvi adapter,how much would i lose?i dont really need HDMI,only it would let me occasionally hook the monitor up to my music system.
i know the ips is better,but,i'd rather settle for 2.5k lesser,and have no experience with LG,except when i had to get a fridge repaired and they made me run in circles for a month(this was like 5 years back though).heck,i would have gone for a dell 2311 if i could,but,then,i guess for a budget system on a igp(will get a amd 7xxx when it comes out),this is quite satisfactory.

Back