Car & Bike 2010/11 Civic V vs ANHC V Exclusive

mjumrani

Skilled
Guys here is my dilema, brought on by the fact that the dealer(Mahindra) sold the civic that was supposedly blocked for me :(

I have 11L and I need a car.

2 options that I see right now are

1. A new ANHC V Exclusive

2. A used 2010/11 Civic V

Civic being a car I am still in love with seems like the right choice but a good car is very hard to come by especially when I'm limited to buying from Individual Sellers, who tend to over quote the asking price by quite a bit, and certified cars, for the peace of mind but don't have what I need.

I need a car by 1st November, and since the waiting period for a city is around a week, it was added to my options.

Im short of time and do not know what to do.

All sources have come up dry since I lost that car.

So the question is that is it really worth going for a new ANHC over an almost new civic?

PS:

1. Tried looking for a used cruze too but everything is dry.

2. I can get a new Civic S for 13.5 but I really dont want to. Im as it is overbudget.

3. Location: Delhi

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Keep hunting for a Used Civic . Its way better than a ANHC .

If you are ok dealing with a dealer , then i can suggest you one guy ( from whom I have sold purchased many cars till yet )

As per my knowledge he was having a White AT 2010/2011 civic with him . Next to new condition .

If you are interested then I can forward you the details . Might be you get lucky with a Civic :)

If I were in your palce, I would save 1.5 lacs and buy the Linea TJet+ at 9.5 lacs on road. It's a beauty of a car and with all the possible bells and whistles thrown in. Not to mention the legendary Fiat handling and drive.

anubhav2345 said:
Keep hunting for a Used Civic . Its way better than a ANHC .

If you are ok dealing with a dealer , then i can suggest you one guy ( from whom I have sold purchased many cars till yet )

As per my knowledge he was having a White AT 2010/2011 civic with him . Next to new condition .

If you are interested then I can forward you the details . Might be you get lucky with a Civic :)
As long as you are sure he can be trusted I would be very interested :)

nishantgandhi said:
If I were in your palce, I would save 1.5 lacs and buy the Linea TJet+ at 9.5 lacs on road. It's a beauty of a car and with all the possible bells and whistles thrown in. Not to mention the legendary Fiat handling and drive.
No man. No Fiat or any other smaller brand for me.

Its shorter and less confusing :p

Don't know what they are going to call the new city whenever it comes out...

PS: Started by someone probably in TBHP

mjumrani said:
Its shorter and less confusing :p
Don't know what they are going to call the new city whenever it comes out...

PS: Started by someone probably in TBHP

Its actually more confusing,yes its only said in team bhp forums. OHC,NHC,ANHC and whats can they call for the next model.

Its better to stick with year and followed by the name , that how its done globally.

Its not very easy to get a used car in good condition...Most of the times it entails a long wait for the perfect deal.

If you are in a hurry, do contact dealers in Karol Bagh area, there is a whole market, but I'd suggest wait for a car from someone you know if u can wait.

Are you sure about Civic. its ground clearance is pretty low so it scrapes speed breakers sometimes when 4 people are sitting inside.

Why not the Accord. Used car prices depreciate faster for more expensive cars. You can get a 2008-2009 Accord in your budget. I feel it will be a much better buy. Plus, Honda cars are built to last so it won't matter. You'll appreciate the extra power and space.

If you are okay with bit dated looks, try Chevy Optra Magnum LT diesel. Atleast have a test drive even if you are not interested on buying it.

akj_1989 said:
Its not very easy to get a used car in good condition...Most of the times it entails a long wait for the perfect deal.

If you are in a hurry, do contact dealers in Karol Bagh area, there is a whole market, but I'd suggest wait for a car from someone you know if u can wait.
Cant go the karol bagh way. Dont have any point of contacs so wouldnt know whom to trust.

manu1991 said:
Are you sure about Civic. its ground clearance is pretty low so it scrapes speed breakers sometimes when 4 people are sitting inside.

Why not the Accord. Used car prices depreciate faster for more expensive cars. You can get a 2008-2009 Accord in your budget. I feel it will be a much better buy. Plus, Honda cars are built to last so it won't matter. You'll appreciate the extra power and space.
I was thinking about it, but didnt find many deals on that either.

Im sure about the civic though. If needed I can always get the tyres changed to 205s that will give another 10mm of GC, add to that the stiffer suspension in the facelifted civic, things should be fine. (I Hope)

And there are hardly any speed breakers in Delhi.

Darky said:
If you are okay with bit dated looks, try Chevy Optra Magnum LT diesel. Atleast have a test drive even if you are not interested on buying it.
Im not really ok with dated looks that is why I am looking for a facelifted civic.

I have driven cruze so I think I know what happens when the turbo smacks a person :D

But would test drive optra if I get a chance...

My dad is insisting on ANHC V MT Exclusive over a used civic which cost exactly the same.

He says I earn too less to have a car like that even if it is used.

Don't know how to argue with that even though I really want a civic :(

I would've bought a linea if my company was giving it to me. But not when it's my personal car.

Can't go for anything that has low resale value and brand reliability.

Back