PC Peripherals 2.1 Speakers???

Aniruddh

Adept
Hii Folks , i have been using Altec lansing 5021 2.1 speakers since some time but now it has gone kaput due to electricity fluctuation :( .So , need a new 2.1 channel speakers budget is around 7-8k Max.Should i go for Mx5021 AL again or there is a better option in the same price bracket?

thanks in advance :)

If you can spend around ~3k more, you can get a Klipsch Promedia 2.1. Not sure if the sets are brand new though since the Promedia was discontinued ages back. Klipsch may have started the production again. There's a dealer in Pune who was supposed to stock these. There was a thread on the same. Search! :)

Btw did you verify if MX had a blown fuse?

under 8k, I don't think there is any other choice and couple it with a spike buster this time. See if you can mod your dead 5021 and bring it back to life.

sato1986 said:
AL again. Invest in sound card this time as i dont see one in your siggy.

Yup , i dont have sound card and i was plannin to buy one,but not now will get it after few months.

Desecrator said:
If you can spend around ~3k more, you can get a Klipsch Promedia 2.1. Not sure if the sets are brand new though since the Promedia was discontinued ages back. Klipsch may have started the production again. There's a dealer in Pune who was supposed to stock these. There was a thread on the same. Search! :)

thanks for the suggestion pal,but then cant spend more then 7-8k at this point of time , and also if something goes wrong with it then service will be a big issue .

Btw did you verify if MX had a blown fuse?

I did check with the rashi guys , and as you know they are losers of the very first order.the day i bought it from them the speakers were not working and when i asked them to give me a different one they said no saar its fine just the matter of half an hour we will fix the problem etc and it was the only piece they had and new stock would come next month thats what they said,and was in hurry so got this defective piece...and in the last 1 year these speakers have been with them 3-4 times due to different problem's for months.

desiibond said:
under 8k, I don't think there is any other choice and couple it with a spike buster this time. See if you can mod your dead 5021 and bring it back to life.
Ok so i should get the same Mx5021 again?Any idea how much they cost now?

Back