Audio 2.1 Speakers for Movies and Gaming

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Everywhere i read its Swans M10 . It has short wire ? Irritating led light.

Options/Alternatives or convincing to m10

I read about them too as Swans seems very good for Vocals but not so great for gaming and movies , my concerned being how long are the wires ?

Also the power of logitech is 200W

Not too long, yeah. Especially to the right speaker (it has the volume & sound controls).
Google says this -
Satellite cable lengths : 1.95m left, 1.85m right

Edit : Speakers for gaming/movies are usually louder as they're not as accurate as the music oriented speakers.
I have the Z623 and they're brilliant for watching movies

I can check and let you know tomorrow. Controlling the volume might be difficult though, as the volume & bass controls are on the right speaker

I'm more interested in woofer because of space constraint can I put woofer on top of led on Wall or is it not recommend to put close to led?

@sid1712
Also check the lenght of wires speaker wire and power cable cord Also it seems like it maynot work with PS4

Last edited:
The Power cord length is also about 2m and no, unfortunately the subwoofer cannot run without the right satellite speaker (It probably also has the amplifier there).

It cannot connect directly to the PS4 unless you have a an Optical to RCA converter (Cost ~ 1-2k i think). I connect the speakers directly to the TV instead

So you are saying if I connect to my TV purchase there is no need to connect to ps4? Also where should the woofer be kept?

Yeah, it only has an RCA input (The red and white cables) and a 3.5mm AUX port for input so its better to connect it directly to the TV.

Honestly, you can keep this woofer anywhere, its pretty powerful. I'd suggest keeping just ahead of the wall, you can try keeping it in different places if you feel like it. Keep in mind that the subwoofer is quite big so it needs some space.

I don't remember where I read this but I believe the woofer should be kept outside the "range" or "zone" of the left and right speakers, meaning don't place the woofer in between the two, else the sound gets distorted.

I have altec lansing mx5021 and maybe i'm just imagining things but this really made a difference (cleaner bass) when moving the subwoofer "outside" the left/right speaker pair area.

I don't remember where I read this but I believe the woofer should be kept outside the "range" or "zone" of the left and right speakers, meaning don't place the woofer in between the two, else the sound gets distorted.

I have altec lansing mx5021 and maybe i'm just imagining things but this really made a difference (cleaner bass) when moving the subwoofer "outside" the left/right speaker pair area.

Can you post a pic of your mx5021 placement?

It's a mess right now :) Basically the two left/right speakers are on top of my "computer" table and the woofer is on the floor below, towards the left speaker, almost under it. I would prefer to move the subwoofer further out to the left but no space.

Hi. I have Creative Soundworks DTT 5.1 system in white color for sale on this site. If that suits you, let me know. It has analog and digital inputs and awesome sound akin to Bose.

@dinjo if you are ok with 2nd speakers, i would recommend Altec Lansing MX5021 , and as you are from mumbai, i am sure you will find them locally. thru olx or quikr

Corsair sp2500 used to be something worth a look.
I feel that people are buying/recommending that speaker only because of the branding and "gaming" tag. I'm no audiophile but i personally found them to be underwhelming, it just didn't "wow" me. IMO at best it is "decent" and for the price which they used to command (10k+) i would say "below/average." I guess its an "okay" purchase for 6k-8k.
Anyway its an old model speaker so i dont think its available anymore.

Back