Audio 2.1 Speakers? Budget under 9K

Maksa

Disciple
Hi Friends,

I am looking for new speakers for my laptop, mainly used for music.

Currently I am using Altec Lansing Octane 7 and happy with it but for some reason i need to buy new one. So what would you suggest?

As of now i am having following in my list. Please give your input... I am interested in 2.1 speakers only.

Edifier C2 PLUS
Edifier C3
Edifier S330

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks

Yes you do need sound card but it is not necessary.

Get either DG or DGX, these don't cost a bomb and you will see a significant SQ increase from your crappy onboard audio.

I was checking other forums and found that C3 works well only with Sound Cards. But i am planing to use it on my Laptop. what about C2 Plus and S330? do i need sound card for that as well?

Nalin thank you for suggestion. Well, I am not planing for any external sound card at moment. C2 Plus and S330D both cost almost same. Which one is having batter sound quality. I am not into much bass. All i need is good sound...

Get S330 as it has better satellites speakers when compared to C2 Plus. Sub is same on all three models.
Thanks...[DOUBLEPOST=1368510069][/DOUBLEPOST]I have changed my mind after checking reviews of "Klipsch - ProMedia 2.1". I guess it's the best entry level pro speakers money can buy.

Do i really need sound card for this? if yes which one should i get for my Laptop. I am using Macbook Pro. I don't have any knowledge with sound cards...

If you have any other suggestions do share with me.

Thanks

Mod you can close this thread. I have ordered for Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - 11400 INR via Ebay (using discount coupon)

Just for future references, if you went ahead with 11.5kish spending.. Corsair SP2500 would have been another option.
I have heard that the Klipsch Promedia is good for Gaming and Movies and lacks with the music dept. The SP2500 is excelling at Gaming and Music and i think i can extrapolate that to Movies as well cuz of the Gaming excellence in its resume.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pc-speaker-2.1-channel-subwoofer,2835-10.html

Back