Graphic Cards 178.24 Driver error

i get an error when ever i play cod4. BSOD comes and an error code STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRVICE_DRIVER(q292078) i found out that its related to gpu drivers.

i never had this problem with the 162.18 drivers but now i m getting BSOD with 178.24.

i am facing very same problem with the latest driver.whenever i install the latest drivers screen goes bizzare cant see anything etc and then when i go back to the drivers which was shipped everythings fine :(

do the following and check whether this solves the issue or not........

1) boot the computer in safe mode

2) uninstall the driver version ur using

3)use driver cleaner pro Driver Cleaner Professional download from Guru3D.com and nasty file remover nVidia - Nasty File Remover download from Guru3D.com nVIDIA Geforce 280 260 9800 9600 8800 8600 GT GTX AMD ATI Radeon HD 4850 4870 X2 - Guru of 3D: PC Hardware Reviews to remove the remaining dll or scrap files

4) reinstall the graphics driver and then check whether the problem occurs or not....

Repeat step 3 several times to do the cleaning thoroughly................

so after trying different versions on drivers and all i dumped xp completely and shifted 100% to vista and the same 178.24(Had to download the vista version) worked and that too with no problems. Another reason to dump windows XP

Hmm I am having loads of BSOD on various games with the 178.24 drivers, have a 7900 GTO, reverted to 175.19 and alls well now.. this release is very buggy

Back