PC Peripherals 15K(max.) Budget : Need to buy a Display with the best Picture Quality

naveen chauhan

Disciple
Hello Te'ians,

I'm looking to buy a display, my budget is 15K(MAX.). My preference is watching movies, so need the panel with best Picture Quality in that budget. I dont care about 3D since it stresses the GPU too much while gaming and I dont really want to upgrade my GPU.

What are the benefits of 3D Monitor over an e-IPS in terms of Picture Quality, would you recommend it ?

I'm thinking in terms of e-IPS panels. Please suggest me the best e-IPS displays in this budget.
Models in my mind were :
Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM
Asus ML239H
LG IPS231P

But I have no idea about their pricing or their availability in Mumbai.

TIA,
Regards,
Naveen Chauhan.

Guys any more recommendations, primary purpose for the monitor = MOVIES, Secondary Purpose = Gaming

The final list I have is :

Asus ML248H Rs.14,800
Dell U2312HM Rs.14,800
LG IPS231P (cant find it anywhere)
AOC i2353Ph Rs.12400
ASUS PA238Q Rs.18500(over-budget)

All these models.. except ML248H.. likely use the same eIPS panel.
The major difference will be the response time compensation/overdrive circuitry.

TFT Central
Both the LG IPS231p and AOC i2353Ph are slower than the U2312HM.
The Asus ML239H looks the cleanest.

This should not be noticeable with movies, but might be a problem with games.
Go with either the U2312HM or the ML239H.

The other important factor is backlight bleeding.
I think Dell is usually more tolerant about sending you replacement monitors if you have backlight issues.

P.S. Asus ML248H is a TN panel.

All these models.. except PA238Q and ML248H.. likely use the same eIPS panel.
The major difference will be the response time compensation/overdrive circuitry.

TFT Central
Both the LG IPS231p and AOC i2353Ph are slower than the U2312HM.
The Asus ML239H looks the cleanest.

This should not be noticeable with movies, but might be a problem with games.
Go with either the U2312HM or the ML249H.
Or try extending your budget and getting the PA238Q which is full 8 bit IPS instead of 6 bit eIPS and will be a step up.

The other important factor is backlight bleeding.
I think Dell is usually more tolerant about sending you replacement monitors if you have backlight issues.

P.S. Asus ML248H is a TN panel.

Umm who told you PA238Q is 8bit??? it is 6 bit only and not a true 8 bit dude..... further PA238Q has severe backlight bleed issues.. many people have the problem.. its actually a 6+2+2 and not 8+2 bit monitor(it is advertised as 10bit)

and further dude its is also an eIPS and so are all the monitors we are looking at. The P-IPS are very expensive and over 40k!!!

Here is my article dude.. read it
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/ips-explained-121138/

Thanks a lot guys for taking this thread so seriously. Read quite a lot on Dell U2312HM vs PA238Q threads via google. I respect what Jarod said, even I was confused in the starting since it's not clearly mentioned by the companies as they try to advertise way too much to confuse the buyers.

Seems like PA238Q is slightly better than U2312HM but PA238Q costs a whopping 19.8K in Mumbai(Lammy) just now checked up with Prime ABGB, it makes no sense spending 5K more on PA238Q.

Apart from that Dell's warranty policy on Ultrasharp monitors is also amazing. So it's most probably Dell for me.

Yup, PA238Q is not worth it at all. Very expensive!
For some reason, looking at the price, I was mixing it up with the true 8 bit PA246Q.

Umm who told you PA238Q is 8bit??? it is 6 bit only and not a true 8 bit dude

and further dude its is also an eIPS and so are all the monitors we are looking at. The P-IPS are very expensive and over 40k!!!
Yeah sorry about that dude, got mixed up with the PA246Q.

8 bit H-IPS panels are an option.
The U2410 is about 25K odd.
The PA246Q is over 40k? Expensive.

Back