CPU/Mobo What mobo/chipset for upcoming Pentium/Celeron IBs ?

Since there is no H71 chipset afaik, what mobos would one use with the upcoming Pentium/Celeron IBs ?

Release dates of desktop microprocessors (2012)

For a budget build, no sense using a H77 board.

You can go for the run of the mill H67 / H61 chipset based offerings OR B75 chipset based offerings [depending on how loaded you want it with features].

And hopefully someone will plug the lower-end gap in the Panther-Point chipsets with budget H77 motherboards.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

You can go for the run of the mill H67 / H61 chipset based offerings OR B75 chipset based offerings [depending on how loaded you want it with features].

Hello Alpha17,
even i am thinking of getting a G620 for now and maybe later get an IVY Bridge Pentium for a budget build.
Which of these chipsets do you think will last longest and not bottleneck. was thinking of GA-B75M-D3H usb3 and sata3
any suggestions on specific boards?

Which of these chipsets do you think will last longest and not bottleneck. was thinking of GA-B75M-D3H usb3 and sata3

This motherboard [GIGABYTE's B75 offering] OR Intel's DH67-BL /-CL ~5800/- are your only option at this price point. Also I have a doubt whether Intel will release Pentium G series Ivy-Bridge CPU's for now. Maybe the Core i3 offerings but doubtful of the G series as there are no extreme-budget chipsets like the H61 which should continue to soldier on till Haswell's release in Q1 2013.

I got a G620 and B75M-D3H for my HTPC. The old 780G was getting long in the tooth and could not do new media formats at all, and ran slow and hot.

I suspect it performs very well indeed, I just need to get my home renovations completed before I can test it but I can tell you that for about 4.3k it is a great HTPC board, does everything you need it to and has full PCI compatibility within the chipset (no bridge chips), which is what I need since my audio solution runs off of PCI.

which budget cabinet has two (or one) usb3 front ports ? for GA-B75M-D3H.

Go for the NZXT Source 210 Elite ~2600/-, anything below this and you will have to sacrifice the front USB 3.0 ports.

P.S. -- In the first place does the GIGABTE B75 based offering have a forward USB 3.0 express port on the motherboard OR will the rear ports need to be jerry-rigged?

Back