UMI X2 | 5" 1080p | 1.2 GHz quad | 2 GB RAM | 4.2 Jelly Bean | Rs. 14,000

comp@ddict

Skilled
A while ago we had written about the Jiayu and UMI brands to start selling their products in India. Well it seems that UMI will bring it's latest and greatest X2 smartphone to India, and we even have a definite pricing for it now. Hold on, as this phone will truly blow you away!

UMI X2

UMI is all set to launch it's X2 flagship smartphone into the Indian market. And this phone is going to rock thanks to it's great specifications plus excellent pricing. Added to that is a very good looking design and you quickly realize that we have a winner in our hands.

UMI X2 Specifications

• Mediatek MT6589 chipset
  • 1.2 GHz quad core ARM Cortex A7
  • PowerVR SGX544 GPU
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • 5″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS capacitive display
  • OGS, Corning Gorilla Glass II
  • 13 MP rear camera, auto focus and LED flash
  • 1080p video recording
  • 2 MP front facing camera
  • 32 GB internal storage
  • expandable storage via Micro SD card
  • 135 x 68 x 8.9mm dimensions
  • 155 grams weight
  • 2,500 mAh battery
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
The specifications are top notch, and the device is launching for a really affordable price too.

UMI X2 Buy in India

You can purchase the UMI X2 off UMI's Indian website for just Rs. 14,000.

UMI X2 @ Rs. 14,000 - UMI Mobiles India

Mind you, deliveries will be made by 15th to 20th March, 2013. Also, the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update will come in April, 2013 which is acceptable from our side.

Just saw this on another site today. Hope there are no quality control issues with this phone. Specifications look too good to be true at its price point. If they manage to get good tie-ups with local service centers, I don't see a reason why it won't sell well. Maybe the Chinese name could be a deterrent since people associate Chinese stuff with being sub-standard automatically. Most people don't know/realise that all Micromax, Spice and Karbonn smartphones are rebranded versions of Chinese OEM handsets.

Just saw this on another site today. Hope there are no quality control issues with this phone. Specifications look too good to be true at its price point. If they manage to get good tie-ups with local service centers, I don't see a reason why it won't sell well. Maybe the Chinese name could be a deterrent since people associate Chinese stuff with being sub-standard automatically. Most people don't know/realise that all Micromax, Spice and Karbonn smartphones are rebranded versions of Chinese OEM handsets.
Yea,Many people think Chinese tab/phone means substandard cheap product.Most of my friends tease me of for getting ainol tab, when everything else i go for branded items :p . My reply to them is "I purchase gadgets based on whats inside not by brand name"

Mediatek MT6589 can't really be compared to any of the Qualcomm Krait designs. The A7 is much slower than the A9, let alone the Kraits which are somewhere between A9 and A15.

While these are good value for money, a dual core A9 is probably a better deal than a quad core A9.

Of course there's no denying that the SGX 544 in the MT6589 is a reasonably potent gpu.

Mediatek MT6589 can't really be compared to any of the Qualcomm Krait designs. The A7 is much slower than the A9, let alone the Kraits which are somewhere between A9 and A15.

While these are good value for money, a dual core A9 is probably a better deal than a quad core A9.

Of course there's no denying that the SGX 544 in the MT6589 is a reasonably potent gpu.

Quad core A7s are marginally better than dual core A9s keeping everything else the same. Same goes for a Dual core A7 vs Single core A9.

^^ It is small. Change the text size to normal. :D

Not the incons. Since resolution is higher hence the size.

Changing the text size won't change the size of icons. If the phone gets rooted, you can change (increase) its DPI in build.prop by using a simple text editor.

But Sony Xpeira Z Icons looks pretty normal.
Isn't it the whole point of having a higher DPI display being thrown out here.
can't be sure unless it gets released here.

Not the incons. Since resolution is higher hence the size.

But Sony Xpeira Z Icons looks pretty normal.
Isn't it the whole point of having a higher DPI display being thrown out here.
can't be sure unless it gets released here.

You're getting confused between DPI and PPI. This device has > 400 PPI, but my guess is that they've used Nexus 4 or Galaxy Nexus (16:9) blobs, which is the reason why everything looks smaller. Increasing the DPI will increase the size of text and icons, but this may come at a loss of quality, especially in the case of icons. A third party launcher with support for HD icons can possibly solve this problem.

My Galaxy S2, owing to its 4.3 inch display and WVGA resolution has a PPI of 217. It comes with a factory setting DPI of 240. To my eyes, 240 looks too big on this display, hence I keep shifting between 200 and 220 DPI as per my convenience. This way, I can fit more icons on a single homepage without risking them getting cut off. Picture this same scenario for the UMI X2, only in reverse.

Quad core A7s are marginally better than dual core A9s keeping everything else the same. Same goes for a Dual core A7 vs Single core A9.

Yep in multithreaded apps, they'll be marginally faster. However in single threaded apps, they are actually slower cos the A7 core is pretty low in IPC.

they have said that they will provide 3 months replacement warranty and 1 year warranty.. legal work is in process after which they will start selling ..

update : had a chat with their Asia Manager .. he said its currently in production , estimated arrival on 15th march .. probably they will be sending review sample also ..

Back