Audio Sennheiser Ie8 Or Ie80 ?

siddharth

Disciple
hello everyone

i'm planning to purchase ie8 IEM,but im looking if i could get it at cheaper rate.well the authorized dealers r selling it for 18-19 k but its out of stock or as some say discontinued by the ie80 (approx 25k!!too much).

at what price should i be looking for here in India n where cause the ie8's have may fake one circulating around.n what r my other options here locally in India with warranty.

Hey congrats on your purchase. I would have loved to help you but most people here do not spend so much on IEMs from India. We either buy from abroad where its cheaper or look for local used deals. So no one really knew the answer to your query.
<

Do mention the damages you paid so that others can benifit if they are interested.
<

well i paid 24k cause i was in hurry, if u r really interested contact gadzetz on ebay try haggling with them ,u can get it for 23k n outside ebay for 22k

well these r some clicks of my IE80's (and by the way i didn't got any notification that u guys commented on this post??)

20120210110028.jpg
20120210110057.jpg

You should be really rich or would have sold an organ to get those....
<

25k for a IEM is too much imo,one could get many better things.I don't think they are a much improvement over $250 ones.

As in IEM as the price increases the harmonic distortion goes down.So

For 5k .5%

For 10k 0.3%

For 25k <0.1%

a hefty price to pay that is,

well listening through ur iphone, u won't notice any difference,u'll need to get a proper amp and a dac to complement the headphone. and this i learned very recently i also used the same statement of ur's but in a different manner i said to one of my friend, he got me his studio v and man i was stunned with the change in SQ [font="verdana, geneva, lucida, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]in all three frequencies, sound staging, imaging, clarity etc. what i'm trying to say is u can't comment on a headphone which u haven't owned or used[/font]

that is the point to control oneself and stay away from such hefty purchases.Even if this has out of the world sound stage and clarity which it does not considering there will be many better ones on offer.This is a lure which makes a person jump ship,just to give to have a feel of owning such device is the only justification for the purchase a persons blows off this kind of cash.

well all i can is satisfaction is the thing.its a state of mind, u might get it in a 4k IEM but one might think thats a huge waste of money,they might think the stock earphone is sufficient n u have wasted ur 4k.

if i can get better sound n i have the juice to get it, i will ,its that simple.

24K is not "too much" if one considers the price of a few universals like PFE-232, CK100Pro, not to mention the ridiculously priced FAD IEMs (FI-BA-SS for $1000 all the way up-to $2000+ for Piano Forte X-CC) and AKG K3003 ($1200-1400). If I was super-rich, I'd have surely bought FI-BA-SS, PFE-232, CK100Pro and AKG K3003. That is not for "show off", but the curiosity to know why people think that these are "better". That curiosity has always been my undoing.

Personal "Value" is very relative. Value for money is mostly objective and "worth" to a person is subjective. If VFM is the sole criteria by which audio equipment is bought, only the Chinese sweat factories will remain in business. But then, audio is terribly subjective. So for someone, this cable could be "value" where others would just faint at the price.

If all you want to find is bang for the buck, I'd say that $150 is where I draw the line. Beyond that, you need to make sure that it is absolutely what you need (and IF you need it). I own / owned / heard a few ~ $250+ IEMs (EX-1000, SM3v1, CK10, FX700, RE-272, e-Q5 and DDM2). I preferred the cheaper RE-262 and DBA-02MK1 over some of them. So, there's no absolute certainty that throwing good money will bring greater returns in terms of SQ at least in my experience. Aside, audio is not the only field where the law of diminishing returns kick in. It is in every field where money is involved. I feel that same concept applies - larger sum may or may not get the best quality out there, so be sure what you need.

But, stop to consider the other side too. I paid about $100 extra over DBA-02MK1 to get CK10. In terms of pure SQ, I would say it's a minor / trivial upgrade, but I certainly don't mind that last mile of performance. Over time, I loved CK10, but only 'liked' DBA-02 so much so that I ended up selling DBA-MK1. Is CK10 worth that $100 extra for the better build quality and a little enhancement in overall SQ (minus that huge treble spike)? For me, it was.

Same with EX-1000. I paid $400 for it (it has dropped to $300-ish later on). Is it "worth" it? absolutely. It's not because it performs 5-10% over the $200 IEM, but because it is one of the very few which does not make me think "Wish XYZ was better, wish ABC was different" (substitute audiophool lingo for ABC and XYZ) and just listen to music. But, if you ask me whether it's value for money, I'd say I overpaid by about $100 even considering the brand value and all the exotics that went into it. For mukul, who paid less than $300 for it, I am guessing it's both worth and VFM.

I think why these factors are different is because our subjectivity clouds everything. I can say that EX-1000 is only about 10% better than a good IEM at $150. But what counts is what that 10% has. If that set and your preference set has more in common, you could say that it is 30% better or even 200% better than the other IEM. If on the other hand, your preferences and that 10% has nothing in common, you could say that it's ridiculous for people to buy EX-1000 at all. Same applies to every costlier IEM.

#aakashdave11

I've not heard them personally. But from what I read, IE8 has a larger sound stage than IE80 and these two indeed have the largest sound stage among IEMs. However, clarity is not one of it's strong suits.

well there is mark infotech, and many more authorized sellers mentioned on Sennheiser India's website, haggle with them and u can get it for 22k or even less, don't believe them if they say its not possible n all, they'll finally do it
<

but with any of these n u'll get 2 years warranty + bill n all.

can't say anything before auditioning them,cause if u go through a thread on headfi, u'll come to know that there is no difference in genuine n fake ie8's to a naked eye, u can only determine if u have both the original n the fake so u can compare the SQ n then determine the minute difference in looks, i suggest u to view this thread.

n remember if its too good to be true, its certain it isn't true!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/457420/warning-fake-ie8s-comparison-pictures-included

Congrats siddharth its like i am congratulating to myself
<

well i totally agree with @esantosh it some what curiosity & willingness to reach the higher level of what u have now . & i totally agree with both of you & everyone here but it a matter of choice & hobby & don't criticize anybody for their purchase just be happy for them .

well i also purchased Sennheiser Hd650 but they are full sized can few day ago from gadgets(tarun Gupta) .so how do they sound kind of like if you put a nice review how they sound.

so which portable u r using with Ur IE80 . & which player u stated above is that Rocoo studio V .

I was also planning to purchase IE80 but i just purchased cowon j3 & JVC fxt90 & HD650.so i have to wait as i have already gone to far with my audio purchases.

is that gadzetz u r talking about cause i purchased my IE80 from him only n even my HD558 which i purchased with them last week for watching movies.....even i plan to get the 650's but i'm done with audio equipment's shopping for now....they've made a deep hole in my small pocket
<

is that gadzetz u r talking about cause i purchased my IE80 from him only n even my HD558 which i purchased with them last week for watching movies.....even i plan to get the 650's but i'm done with audio equipment's shopping for now....they've made a deep hole in my small pocket
<

yeah & that deep hole caught upto me also so which source u r using with ur IEM. i am really curious how ur Sennheiser IE80 sounded.

Back