Android Nexus 7 (wifi 2012) 3g dongle setup

kenkanya

Disciple
Hi,
Anyone who can point me to setup the 3g dongle (Huawei E7150) on nexus 7 (wifi/2012 version only with 4.2.1 jelly bean) without rooting? I do not have a wifi connection. If wifi is required then i shall try the procedure you provide. For non-wifi - using the windowsxp and can install on nexus 7 through the usb connection?

Thanks

Last edited:
XDA. Else get a cheap MR3020 TP Link and share the net connection thru WiFi
Thanks. Can you give me more details on the XDA? I understand i need to install it on nexus 7. With that, will i be able to use the 3g dongle? (with current 3g dongle plugged in, i do not get the APN list or mobile network listing in the nexus 7.
Again for MR3020 TP link - i see its good. But the spec's says it supports win7 and above. I have winXP and also work on win7. The 3g dongle Huawei E1750 has win32 drivers (as a result i think it does not work on win7 - because i tried and it says "device disconnected). If i upgrade to win7 drivers (my win7 on 64 bit, my winXP on 32 bit) can it support winXP 32bit?
Request to throw some detail information, as i am new to this area and need to setup and start using it.

Thanks. Can you give me more details on the XDA? I understand i need to install it on nexus 7. With that, will i be able to use the 3g dongle? (with current 3g dongle plugged in, i do not get the APN list or mobile network listing in the nexus 7.
Again for MR3020 TP link - i see its good. But the spec's says it supports win7 and above. I have winXP and also work on win7. The 3g dongle Huawei E1750 has win32 drivers (as a result i think it does not work on win7 - because i tried and it says "device disconnected). If i upgrade to win7 drivers (my win7 on 64 bit, my winXP on 32 bit) can it support winXP 32bit?
Request to throw some detail information, as i am new to this area and need to setup and start using it.
Dude, XDA is a forum like TE not an app.
And there is no way you achieve this without rooting. Personally I am using PPPWidget app after rooting the Nexus 7 with Huwaei E170 (and a USB OTG cable)

Exactly - PPP Widget. XDA is another forum, mainly for android devices, where you will get more information than a forum like TE, which is more of a general forum.

Guys, can you put the procedure here in simplified manner, will be very much helpful for beginners like me.

Also, I have reliance cdma dongle (model no need to check) lying around, can that be used with nexus 7 ?

Thanks in Advance

@vivek.krishnan

Dude, XDA is a forum like TE not an app.
And there is no way you achieve this without rooting. Personally I am using PPPWidget app after rooting the Nexus 7 with Huwaei E170 (and a USB OTG cable)
Can you tell me which version of PPP Widget you are using now?
My friend updated his PPP Widget and after that his modem is not being recognized by PPP Widget. (He is on Android 4.2.2)
I need version 1.3.5 or older.

^ I dont have the Nexus with me right now so not sure of the version number. Its not been updated in quite some time (since last year October)
Does your relative have your Nexus 7?

The last update of PPP Widget was released on 2nd June 2014. Any version before that would do.

Back