Audio Need opinions on Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth stereo headset

Just back from Sony center. They did not have any MW600 for demo nor they had a packed piece. They did not even have the current price of the device and insisted that buy online if I can get (not Sony website).
But while talking to that sales guy, i noticed he was wearing the MW600 bluetooth device. I requested him to show me his own device and he obliged.
I paired it with my iPhone 4S and tried the basic functionality and it worked fine. Even the next and previous tracks worked which i believe did not work in previous versions.
So now i will mostly be getting this from ebay.

Btw he told me some new model is going to come and it will be having bigger display. I am not sure if he was telling the truth or just speculating. Anyone has any idea of any new model coming out ?

Does anyone know if this thing has got any new revision or a new version of this Bluetooth headset. I think a Sony guy had told me that this is sort of discontinued and a new version is going to come.

Edit: Just checked above my post. Is this indeed the new version or something is supposed to come ?

Mw1 it's the latest model
It includes the mh1c buds

It has a micro SD slot for mp3

I have been planning to buy since6months 5890rs is lowest price on eBay[DOUBLEPOST=1373683376][/DOUBLEPOST]Mw1 it's the latest model
It includes the mh1c buds

It has a micro SD slot for mp3

I have been planning to buy since6months 5890rs is lowest price on eBay

Ok so dropped the plan as of now since I found this thing in my drawer at home, this drawer I rarely check and has many junk electronics small ones and numerous earphones which don't work and all, so had decided to clean it.
Works fine with my phone and also PC. Have to charge every single day, battery life might be like 3 hours or so.
It also notifies when battery is low (audible tone in between when using).
The 3.5mm jack also is used for charging the device which means it cannot be used when it is being charged.
ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1374420982.172141.jpg

ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1374421002.174727.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1374420937.625574.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1374420937.625574.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 179
  • ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1374420957.439725.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1374420957.439725.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 156
Sorry for bumping old thread but MW600 has become obscenely expensive now. On ebay.in the least price i could find was 4989 Rs.
I am looking to buy a new BT now (for real :p) and i have drilled down to Bluedio I4 but was just checking other cheaper options on ebay and saw MW600 price has rocketed a lot.

I used to have MW600. Used it for 3.5 years before it got drenched in water and died off. After that I bought Sony SBH20. Little inferior to MW600, but still pretty good. No FM. Has got NFC. Battery lasts for 6+ hrs. Costed me 2.2k on Amazon.in

Regards,
Mohit

I used to have MW600. Used it for 3.5 years before it got drenched in water and died off. After that I bought Sony SBH20. Little inferior to MW600, but still pretty good. No FM. Has got NFC. Battery lasts for 6+ hrs. Costed me 2.2k on Amazon.in

Regards,
Mohit

I know MW600 is good (no personal experience) from all the reviews and such. But the price has gone up a lot. The FM is good and all but the thing that i want is multipoint (since i actually use my tablet a lot and would be good that phone too is connected to BT at the same time). The MW600 doesn't really have true multi point and since it is pretty old that is expected.
I was considering the SBH20 but that is also more than 2K and i don't really want to spend that much. NFC is no use to me.
I still have the one pictured above but the charging cable is broken and i don't really think i will get a new one. I am going to scour the Indraprasth market in Borivali this weekend to see if i can find cheap ipod shuffle cable which works with my BT and can charge it. If it does then i shall drop the plan of buying new one. If not i will search for new one there itself and if found then ok else will order online.

coincidence

bought my sbh52 after searching for 2 years after mw600

i hated when in sleep you get a call and you have to fumble to put the earphones into ur ear and high chance that they wud be coiled, irritated i had sold and waited
got sbh52 and what a awesomeeeeee sweet surprise
can use it like a phone itself, fm radio, good music quality, smartwatch features, messages and gmail features, text to speech after downloading voice data, loudspeaker is almost like ipad...... superb

for 5300rs its the best accessory to get[DOUBLEPOST=1397156141][/DOUBLEPOST]and ya sleeeek multipoint features too
listening to songs on ipad and once i get a call immediate switchover to phone,... simply awesome

pretty much satisfied

but i usually dont talk much and it was a impulse buy, lets see how many days i keep

My use is going to be calls and while watching TV series on tablet and this true multipoint thing is what i like.
But i am not really interested in spending a lot. At one point i had considered the LG HBS-730+ but it has its own earbuds which means i cannot use my own.
I am mostly going with Bluedio one but i will scour local market in Borivali, Mumbai before i buy it. As it is the seller on ebay from which i want to buy is OOS on them for now.

Last edited:
Back