LG P500 Discussion Thread

all, picked up o1 yest evening. neat phone.

neoronin said:
Finally found a oneclick rooting for the Optimus P500 with the latest version instead of the 'downgrading Froyo' and rooting which seems to be a pain. Question here. Which stable ROM can be used? I'm really into using multiple themes or skinning to make the phone look 'fancy'. So what should I go for?
any links or pointers?

Bddy how do we create administrator account in the phone, clicking admin under settings doest show anything.. Need this to lock my messages..

Guys, what is the normal charging time of o1? Mine is taking more than 2 hours ...
Also, is there any issue using connector converter and charge phone?

techno_guy said:
Any idea about gingerbread update ?

I am unable to send data like pics, songs via bluetooth any idea guys

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
Gingerbread official pre release version got leaked in some russian site.. an update from the xda forums. Anyway, it should release this month, if all goes well.

Regarding your BT problem, try using bluetooth file explorer..

messi4lyf said:
Guys, what is the normal charging time of o1? Mine is taking more than 2 hours ...

Also, is there any issue using connector converter and charge phone?
It take roughly 3 hours for a full charge (from 0 to 100%) on the normal charger. Charging via usb takes a little while longer. Why are you using a converter anyway? Cheap chinese stuff... no guarantees :p

abhi@989 said:
Bddy how do we create administrator account in the phone, clicking admin under settings doest show anything.. Need this to lock my messages..
Use handcent messenger / go sms. Both have options to encrypt and lock messages.

Thanks man, i knw i can get many apps to lock other apps but still if its mentioned in the settings about administrator settings, there muct be some way to create an administrator profile and guests profile for other users or something like that.. What does that admin thing in the settings means otherwise ??? Curious!!!!

abhi@989 said:
Thanks man, i knw i can get many apps to lock other apps but still if its mentioned in the settings about administrator settings, there muct be some way to create an administrator profile and guests profile for other users or something like that.. What does that admin thing in the settings means otherwise ??? Curious!!!!
This isn't windows :p rooting = getting admin access

I was having a problem with my Optimus 1, i get an "emergency mode" error screen while rebooting and it wont go away until i remove the battery and power up the phone after some 10 mins.. have any of you observed this behavior?

wanted to see if there is a fix apart from taking to the service center..

Parix said:
I was having a problem with my Optimus 1, i get an "emergency mode" error screen while rebooting and it wont go away until i remove the battery and power up the phone after some 10 mins.. have any of you observed this behavior?

wanted to see if there is a fix apart from taking to the service center..
Are you running a custom rom?

blueren said:
Hmm.. that shouldn't happen. Was it just once or is it happening often?
Looks like this is an issue when ever i connect via USB. the phone is not detected and any restart after that takes the phone into this "Emergency mode"

will try a master reset after taking a backup,if this does not work, i will probably take it to the service center.

^ No I think. But its already reached xda! :p But its 2.3.3 while the dev roms are on 2.3.4, and added to that, LG hasn't released the sources yet. So its pretty much a dud.

Anyone here using BSNL micro sim (IPAD Sim) with LG O1 sucessfully? I am getting no sim error even after using an adapter to make it normal sim.

The same micro sim with adapter works fine on all other mobiles & modems :(

Any solution?

The new CM7 is cool and all, real fast and feels GREAT overall.

Thing is, it drains the battery real fast. I flashed cm7 yesterday and battery only lasted some ~16 hours. Going to test again.

But Franco + CM7 = coolest p500 ever! :D

I'm on franco 18.1 and devoid froyo final. Not gonna jump to CM7 until its more polished :p And I get some 3 days of batt life.. without much use of data, that is :)

Back