Installation issues with Sharp Inverter AC

navinmj

Recruit
After having a look at your ODU pic it seems the coolant pipes and the wire are traversing different paths which is quite strange. Since as said before the wire had to traverse a longer path from the IDU to the ODU internal power connection compared to the refrigerant pipes, at the end point it become at around a foot of two shorter.

One of my two ODU's have a connection like yours since the wire did not had the sufficient length required to traverse through the hole in the ODU's refrigerant inlet/ outlet valve area and to travel upwards to meet the ODU power connection. And it is highly inadvisable to do some patch up work and to add a foot or two of additional wire. So my installer made a cut in the plastic and passed the wire from there.

The only thing that can trickle down their is rain water and it is important that the hole is made at the lower height to the ODU power connection. Even after few heavy showers my AC's seems to perform OK. I find yours ODU hole is made in the same height as mine. So I believe it will not be much of a problem. :)

Rishi i doubt your comments on advertising the Sharp ac which as per you is the best
I have bought a AC 1.1 ton for my room which is hardly 120 sqft and the quality is pathetic
, the company people who have fixed it did screw up the installation in the first time and later when called had to give several reminders to get them to come and redo, The product which cannot help in Mumbai is not suitable for any city where the tempreatures go beyong 36 degrees. Dude are you getting paid to advertise this product or are you an employee of the company.
I have not seen pathetic product such as this.

Rishi i doubt your comments on advertising the Sharp ac which as per you is the best
I have bought a AC 1.1 ton for my room which is hardly 120 sqft and the quality is pathetic
, the company people who have fixed it did screw up the installation in the first time and later when called had to give several reminders to get them to come and redo, The product which cannot help in Mumbai is not suitable for any city where the tempreatures go beyong 36 degrees. Dude are you getting paid to advertise this product or are you an employee of the company.
I have not seen pathetic product such as this.

If the installation is pathetic how can the product be blamed ?

I read that if vacuum pump isnt used during installation then it reduces the energy efficiency of the AC & reduces its life, if the sharp people dont have vaccum pump then should i get it done by some other installer? Anything else that i should look out for during installation? @vvvinashhh @RishiGuru

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that if vacuum pump isnt used during installation then it reduces the energy efficiency of the AC & reduces its life, if the sharp people dont have vaccum pump then should i get it done by some other installer? Anything else that i should look out for during installation? @vvvinashhh @RishiGuru

Just make sure the installers come equipped the vacuum pump. And do use proper procedures. Question them and you will know whether they have installed a Inverter ACs before with R410a. Mine ZI sent them back and complained to Sharp and the immediately sent over the right set of installers![DOUBLEPOST=1367481842][/DOUBLEPOST]The AC is very good and it chills a 266 sqft with a roof on top at 40C . I dont know why Navin is having problems.

Just make sure the installers come equipped the vacuum pump. And do use proper procedures. Question them and you will know whether they have installed a Inverter ACs before with R410a. Mine ZI sent them back and complained to Sharp and the immediately sent over the right set of installers![DOUBLEPOST=1367481842][/DOUBLEPOST]The AC is very good and it chills a 266 sqft with a roof on top at 40C . I dont know why Navin is having problems.

What questions should i ask them? & what about pressure gauge?[DOUBLEPOST=1367483092][/DOUBLEPOST]I have not spoken to sharp installer but spoke to two other AC installers both say new ACs do not need vacuuming , one of the installers spoke to has a website http://www.reindeeraircon.com/about.php , i spoke to their senior engineer , later he said if you want we will do the vacumming , did not sound very knowledgeable[DOUBLEPOST=1367490335][/DOUBLEPOST]@vvvinashhh , i spoke to the sharp installation guy , he does not have vaccum pump , he said during installation they clean every thing by releasing gas or something , i told him not to come , i also dont have any knowledge of what a vaccum pump or pressure gauge does so now how do i explain sharp people the proper procedure for installation ?

Hi Folks, I recently got my LG 1 ton inverter AC installed.
http://www.lg.com/in/split-ac/lg-BS-Q126B8R4

But the installer didn't bring any vacuum pump to do the installation. He said the gas is already filled and no need for that device. He did bring the pressure gauge which I asked him to check the pressure through the service valve.

The manual says after 15 minutes of AC opertation the pressure should be around 120-135psi. But mine was 110. Is this something to be worried about ? Do I need to fill a little more R401a refrigerant? Should the installation be done with a vacuum pump?

What questions should i ask them? & what about pressure gauge?[DOUBLEPOST=1367483092][/DOUBLEPOST]I have not spoken to sharp installer but spoke to two other AC installers both say new ACs do not need vacuuming , one of the installers spoke to has a website http://www.reindeeraircon.com/about.php , i spoke to their senior engineer , later he said if you want we will do the vacumming , did not sound very knowledgeable[DOUBLEPOST=1367490335][/DOUBLEPOST]@vvvinashhh , i spoke to the sharp installation guy , he does not have vaccum pump , he said during installation they clean every thing by releasing gas or something , i told him not to come , i also dont have any knowledge of what a vaccum pump or pressure gauge does so now how do i explain sharp people the proper procedure for installation ?

Plain chuck them out. If you don not Vacuum and start using the AC the oxygen inside the tube will lead in corrosion and leaks. Call up Sharp Toll free and complain. I did so , and they got in to action real soon within hours in Kolkata.[DOUBLEPOST=1367506404][/DOUBLEPOST]

Plain chuck them out. If you don not Vacuum and start using the AC the oxygen inside the tube will lead in corrosion and leaks. Call up Sharp Toll free and complain. I did so , and they got in to action real soon within hours in Kolkata.[DOUBLEPOST=1367506404][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wrote them an email explaining the situation , no one was picking their toll free no , what part exactly has to be vacuumed ?

They just finished installing & left, i noticed the copper pipes are not properly insulated

This is @vvvinashhh 's ODU pic

dzpRsCE.jpg

This is my ODU , its night time so pic quality isnt great but the exposed copper wires can be seen , i called them immediately , they said some part has to be lefty exposed, are they BSing?

lwWvcJq.jpg

Ideally no part of the copper piping should be exposed. The entire length must be insulated. But sometimes space constraints prevent proper insulation. At the least, ask them to tape it up. If they are not, use a bubble wrap and do it yourself. The air pockets are good insulators.

Ideally no part of the copper piping should be exposed. The entire length must be insulated. But sometimes space constraints prevent proper insulation. At the least, ask them to tape it up. If they are not, use a bubble wrap and do it yourself. The air pockets are good insulators.

Does the copper pipe part connecting to the IDU should also be insulated? they did not insulate that too when they inserted the pipes in the wall hole , it was only insulated on the other end outside the wall

There would be two copper pipes connecting the IDU & ODU. One larger dia one, carrying the expanded gas from IDU to ODU, 2nd a smaller one carrying compressed gas from the compressor (located in the ODU) to the IDU for expanding thru' a (typically) capillary tube. A 3rd pipe is a drain pipe that comes out of the IDU and is left outside - this would be some kind of plastic.
Both the copper pipes should be as far as possible completely covered. No point in arguing/fighting with the service fellows. This is too small for that & not worth it. Do your best, and after that just chill.
-----------------------------
One tip: this would save you some headache & some money! The installation fellows would never do this but, happily charge you for clearing this problem.

Most of the time, the drain from IDU is left dangling in the air. This presents a great opportunity for wasps to build nests. What happens is the nesting material clogs the drain and over a period of time the water cannot drain from the IDU and will start dripping into the room. The customer thinks the AC has some problem, worries & calls the service guy. They do nothing but clean this mess up with a long piece of wire and charge you at least Rs.500 for the "visit & servicing"!

To save that hassle, take a strip of thin cloth and tie it in a way it covers the drain opening. The cloth must be thin (like a dupatta material) else, it would not allow smooth draining of water. You would need to monitor this and may have to change it once a few months.

Both should be insulated. Do it yourself. Get some sponge wrap it over the exposed copper pipes with Duct Tapes ,easiest and best solution,IMO.[DOUBLEPOST=1367661081][/DOUBLEPOST]And get the entire pipe wrapped with Insulation Tape immediately. They didnt do mine too,I paid Rs 250 for it.That white insulation over the Copper Pipes will be gone over time if not protected with the Tape. Thats when your AC wont Chill at all!

Both should be insulated. Do it yourself. Get some sponge wrap it over the exposed copper pipes with Duct Tapes ,easiest and best solution,IMO.[DOUBLEPOST=1367661081][/DOUBLEPOST]And get the entire pipe wrapped with Insulation Tape immediately. They didnt do mine too,I paid Rs 250 for it.That white insulation over the Copper Pipes will be gone over time if not protected with the Tape. Thats when your AC wont Chill at all!

Can i use any tape ? They were using cello tape

Back