Help needed in Deciding a Router for MTNL broadband connection

One more thing you need to make sure is that you need to connect the phone line coming from MTNL directly to the splitter. From the splitter, connect the Modem-out line to your modem and the phone-out line to the other phone points in your house.

This will ensure best signal strength to your modem and avoid disconnection issues.

I purchased TP LINK 8968..with usb and 2 x 5 dBi.
Congrats. thanks to a clueless D-Link support idiots, I went ahead and purchased the same router. Setup was easiest that I have seen among most brands. Picked up all settings for my airtel ADSL and only thing I had to enter was airtel account password. Compare this to D-Link 2750U's CD setup that couldnt even detect the router connected via lan port.

Congrats. thanks to a clueless D-Link support idiots, I went ahead and purchased the same router. Setup was easiest that I have seen among most brands. Picked up all settings for my airtel ADSL and only thing I had to enter was airtel account password. Compare this to D-Link 2750U's CD setup that couldnt even detect the router connected via lan port.
I used a Tp link router with hathway before, same experience, picked up all settings automatically..

Tp link setup is a breeze.. I got the 8968 for 2.2k..from Snapdeal.. Its for 2150 now on Snapdeal and 2480 on flipkart..

Last edited:
Back