Just bought a new gaming pc, and need suggestions for games to play.

sabino

Patron
Like the title says, I assembled a high end gaming pc and need some great games to experience. I have already played far cry, gta, withcher. Cyberpunk and RDR2 are on my list. Any other hidden gems/must play games?

Small list - Mass effect series, doom eternal, earlier doom, New wolfenstein series, serious sam, Dying light, Half life 2, Metro, Middle earth, Invisible inc, some indies like - FTL, Nuclear throne etc.
You can just look up best game for various categories in rock paper shotgun and see what appeals to you.

God of War (2018). The game is a 10/10 masterpiece.
Horizon Zero Dawn and Forbidden West
Robocop: Rogue City (especially if your childhood is attached to the movies and characters)

if you want to explore the elden ring hype for yourself, vaatividya has a "elden ring guide" playlist on youtube which is perfect for beginners. Includes gameplay basics as well as specific builds if you want to play on "easy" mode

Looks like you're into open world games. I'd recommend Skyrim (Modded if possible since the vanilla game can feel a bit outdated since it was released in 2011), Assassin's Creed Odyssey (sort of grindy but fun regardless and very inspired from the Witcher 3 which you probably like), Elden Ring (good luck).

Rocket League! Just kidding; I happened to like the mechanics on that game and is still my most-hours-spent game. But not a must-play.

I'd say FH4 is a must-play. You don't need a wheel; keyboard is fine, but with a decent controller it's a lot more enjoyable.

Indie game recommendations:

Papers Please
A Short Hike
Undertale
Limbo
Hotline Miami
Firewatch
Celeste
Furi
Outer Wilds
Stardew Valley

Each is a different genre, you're bound to find something you like.

Friend bought a new gaming laptop. He never played any PC game or any game for that matter prior to purchasing it. First game I made him play was Call of Duty Black Ops 2. While it is more than 12 years old now, I just felt it was perfect for him, steady pace of action without unnecessary dialogue or exposition (imagine making someone play death stranding as their first game), not having any sort of RPG elements aside from having the option to take critical decisions during the story that will change the ending of the game for you. And Guns, everyone loves guns (ingame). The flashbacks from the past to the near future settings is just great too. Extremely memorable game with good difficulty settings as well. Even I'm tempted to replay it again.

Back