Amazon India - Feedback Thread

For me the range is: [few hours with 0 follow-ups] to [months of follow up] where they tried to gaslight me saying the refund has already been issued and I should check with my bank on the status. I was like, ok, give me the transaction number so I can ask my bank. They were silent.

Not sure if it was sheer ineptitude or they are instructed to delay refunds as long as possible to have interest free money.

Not sure if it was sheer ineptitude or they are instructed to delay refunds as long as possible to have interest free money.

Sounds it's a little bit more evil — they lie and say refund is issued and probably don't expect you to follow up on it or check for it. They keep their metrics high and trick you in believing you've been righted.

That's happened with me on food delivery apps a few times, I had to escalate to a supervisor to get any kind of solution.

Tangentially related, one of my throwaways on reddit:

Makes sense, they can't become one of the richest companies in the world without screwing over some of their customers, and all of their employees, excuse me, contractors/delivery "partners"

Don't even get me started on Swiggy! They are quietly:
  • increasing ONE membership prices
  • adding and increasing Platform Fee
  • after paying the above, you still get screwed because your order got clubbed with 3 others and the delivery person has to go in 3 different directions, so you end up PAYING SO MUCH and still get COLD FOOD
  • removed the option to NOT club orders. The options are "Minimal clubbing" aka 2-3 orders or "Eco clubbing" aka same 2-3 orders but you get a ₹4 discount for being a pushover
  • the food will be prepared in 10 mins, but it will reach me only 40+ mins later
I'm chatting to their CS about delivery delays on almost every order nowadays!

For my midnight cravings, I am considering signing up on Swiggy and ordering+picking up my own food lol. (I assume these restaurants/kitchens don't sell directly)

@mods please move this post if necessary

Sometimes, Amazon is refunding only after a reminder or two. It's as if they expect the customer to forget it.
So it is not just me. I even made a post regarding this long time back.
This is serious ethics issues and actually customers forget specially for small items.

Many people who shop a lot of small items do not tend to keep a track on refunds ( when they return or even cancel) .

So it is not just me. I even made a post regarding this long time back.
This is serious ethics issues and actually customers forget specially for small items.

Many people who shop a lot of small items do not tend to keep a track on refunds ( when they return or even cancel) .

Exactly! I tend to often forget checking my returned orders to see if I have been refunded or not. What with so many things going on in life it is but natural. If this is a practice that is brewing in Amazon of late then it's very discomforting and we'll now have to keep a hawk eye on our refunds here on out.

Exactly! I tend to often forget checking my returned orders to see if I have been refunded or not. What with so many things going on in life it is but natural. If this is a practice that is brewing in Amazon of late then it's very discomforting and we'll now have to keep a hawk eye on our refunds here on out.
Trust me on this. They did not care to refund me once for almost 2 weeks or so IIRC and when i contacted them they said " Sorry as we see he was third party seller and all" .
that is when i realize that Amazon has stoop to this low now and mostly I follow my refunds these days.

Just now having similar issue with Myntra, did not wanted to bring that thing here but woh toh aur gaya guzra hai.
I returned my product to the Delhivery person . It was a Mat ( which was much smaller than what was shown in Picture) and now they say we never got the return. I contacted Delgivery person and he said ' Sir cancel ho gaya return unke wah se because you choose the wrong reason- I had chosen wrong design and also mentioned as wrong size in others comment box) but they want particular reason.

This whole ecommerce things is taking customers for ride . I wont deny though customers are also at fault many times but then that is part of business. You can blacklist particular customer if they abusing system but you cannot stoop so low as to not even refunding a genuine cancel/return orders.

So guys do keep a check on every refund order.

This whole ecommerce things is taking customers for ride . I wont deny though customers are also at fault many times but then that is part of business. You can blacklist particular customer if they abusing system but you cannot stoop so low as to not even refunding a genuine cancel/return orders.
Main problem is, ecomm companies are spending money everywhere except on ways to really distinguish "good customers" from "not-so-good customers". All this AI stuff for "risk management" will get them "ghanta" in Indian mkt.

Back