Android Must have APPS for Android

I wanted a launcher that is only search and no icons and opens the keyboard to search by default. Finally found kiss launcher.

This is also tiny (250kb), is open source (is on F-droid), and is super fast. It's great for power users as well as people who want to minimise phone usage.
Everytime you open the phone it asks you what you want to do instead of presenting you with 20 icons, which means you have to type in the app name, which makes it less likely that you'd absent mindedly open apps.

View attachment 195947
Second This... I also use LAWNCHAIR... Its also Open-sorce and has similar features!

Second This... I also use LAWNCHAIR... Its also Open-sorce and has similar features!
A quick note: Lawnchair, the Play Store version, is no longer supported. There's a complete rewrite going on, and the latest version is now Lawnchair v14, I think. It was quite buggy when I last tried it, and it made me move away from Lawnchair, to Niagara Launcher. It's a bit similar to KISS Launcher, but has more polish and pretty amazing features (I love widget stacks). I have the Pro version, to support the devs for their work. Love it :D

Droid-ify - Material UI F-droid client [f-droid :nailbiting:]
DVD - download videos using yt-dl [f-droid]
Solid file explorer - my favourite file explorer [playstore]
Localsend - very useful app to send files between different devices [f-droid]
Shelter - ability to clone apps using Android work profile [f-droid]
LibriVox - Access to a large number of free audiobooks [playstore]
Keepa - Amazon price tracking/history [playstore]
Webcast - simple app to cast streams from most websites to an android tv. Android-ExoPlayer-AirPlay-Receiver - Companion app to be installed on the android tv/firestick,etc. that recieves the streams and plays them. [GitHub]

Back