Less than 10K Zenfone2 Laser, Pixel V2 or K3 Note or Others

ece0105

Disciple
Hi All,

Looking for a new Dual SIM Android Phone. Major usage would be calls, Whatsapp, Internet and Camera.
I've shortlisted the Lenovo K3 Note, Asus Zenfone2 Laser and the Lava Pixel V2. Will have to purchase it within a week preferably.

1. Budget?
A: INR 5k-11k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Anything

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android Kitkat (4.4) and above

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G (Both SIMs)

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: DUal SIM with Dual 4G

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Both online or offline.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Battery backup, decent camera, dedicated MicroSD Card slot.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Asus Zenfone2 Laser, Lenovo K3 Note, Lava Pixel V2

Didn't notice that at all. Thank you sourcewop.

Flipkart's got a deal for Moto G3 for 10,999.
Let me see the pros of each of the choices.
Moto G3 --> Guaranteed update to Android Marshmallow. Dust and Water Resistant.
Zenfone2 Max --> Best battery.
Lenovo K3 Note --> Highly recommended by a friend using it, no idea what it's USP is.
Lava Pixel V2 --> "Apparently" the Android One family.
Lenovo P1m --> Both SIMs offer 4G functionality.

I should be buying one either today or tomorrow and I'm getting all the more confused as I keep reading up things.

I'll recommend you Asus Zenfone2 Max.... gone through its specs....simply great and in budget also....

I am also planning now to buy the same phone after looking at its specs....:):)

But on a serious note... Go for Asus Zenfone2 max...

^this guy is all about the "specs" without proper knowledge.
@OP, get the Moto G3 if it supports 4G in both SIMs. It will be the most reliable phone in the list. Software upgrade to Android M is also great. The battery life is also actually better than its rating. Check reviews if you doubt its performance.
I personally didn't like the K3 Note (two of my friends have it) its not as good as people make it out to be, I don't trust phones from Lava, Spice, Micromaxx etc (poor quality which quickly degrades over time) and wouldn't even pay a rupee for it, and the Zenfones are disappointing in my book.

TL;DR: Moto G3

Last edited:
Cool. Let us know how the phone is when loading multiple apps/heavy apps/games and see if there is any lag. The huge battery is what interested me but i didn't trust the chipset.

But Moto G3 phones hangs alot... My friend has Moto G3 phone and he is not happy after using it... as it hangs alot....
Thats the only reason I didn't suggested Moto G3...
Even I know that moto is better than the other ones.... :);)

Steven, your friend might have got a Lemon. I haven't heard of any lags on the MotoG, all three generations. Owned and reported by multiple people. I just received the Lenovo P1m. First issue is that the Ringtone is very low, even on the highest volume. It was on 5.1 and there is an update of 1332MB, which is currently getting downloaded.

Steven, your friend might have got a Lemon. I haven't heard of any lags on the MotoG, all three generations. Owned and reported by multiple people. I just received the Lenovo P1m. First issue is that the Ringtone is very low, even on the highest volume. It was on 5.1 and there is an update of 1332MB, which is currently getting downloaded.

True that. I still use the MotoG 2013, and only now I feel the phone is lagging. But I clear the cache every once in a while and it feels like new. So even I would suggest Moto G3 for hassle free ownership.

About Vibe P1m, yes the ringtone volume isn't loud enough given it has got some fancy speakers, but the phone is awesome. Bought it for my brother who needed a battery monster and this phone suffices. Camera is just about ok and yes, the update is huge, but my brother hasn't done anything about it. But a great budget phone though.

And I just tested a K4 note the other day. Very briefly though. Pretty good built quality and specs. And the VR feature is awesome.

Phone came with a Screen Guard and a soft case. I found the quality to be good enough.
The 1.3GB update wasn't the Marshmallow. It is still on Android 5.1 and not sure what it has done to the phone.
Phone has quite some bloatware, but thankfully, most of them can be uninstalled. Hope Asus and the others learn a little from Lenovo.
Ran a couple of tests on 3D Mark and Antutu. Shows the score to be better than the MotoG3. Slightly close to the Mi4i.
Played Asphalt Nitro and though the gameplay wasn't as smooth as that on my OPO, it did not lag much, though loading times were significantly higher.
Though the Ringtone volume is less, the speaker seems absolutely fine. In call volume was very good.
Phone hasn't hanged or thrown up any error messages yet. Have been doing all kinds of experiments on it, since all I need is a factory reset if anything becomes too complicated to resolve.
SOT has been 4 hrs and battery has dropped from 47% to 35% and I'm not sure if this is good enough. Never bothered about battery life since I started using my OPO.
Any idea if rooting the phone voids the warranty?
Conclusion :
If not looking for a Dual SIM device, I'd prefer to go with a used Nexus5/OPO at around this price. But if in the need of a Dual SIM with Dual 4G phone, this is surely a VFM offering and I would gladly suggest this to anyone. It has a robust, though plastic build. The nano coating really does help. Already tried immersing the phone in a bowl of water and nothing has happened to it. Of course, I just dropped it in and removed it immediately.

Back