Graphic Cards Your opinion on Intel GPU Arc 770 ?

Shiv03

Recruit
Hello Everyone I want to hear your opinion for Intel GPU Arc 770 if you have use it in your build or know someone who did.
I am not all that knowledgeable about pc build or technology and I don't even own a laptop but recently in the GPU market we have a new contender Intel's Arc and want to hear about your thoughts on it .

Last edited:
Really ? It was released in Oct 2022. Some Google and you will know that it was a limited release only and Intel has stopped producing it. Which begs the question, why your question ?
I didn't know that it was a limited release I watched lots of video recommending it for budget pcbuild.

It was a flop decision by Intel. Their "intel" did warned Intel not to enter the unknown territory yet they risked and then the expected output and response.
Better get your hands on those ample of option from nvidia and amd.

I didn't know that it was a limited release I watched lots of video recommending it for budget pcbuild.
I had no idea they get recommended now but they have improved their drivers significantly over the last two years leading to much better performance. At launch, it was pathetic. In any case, it is still a tough sell among competitors.

IMO not worth it for the price for gaming, unless 16GB VRAM is all you care about, maybe for some productivity application which runs well on Intel vs Nvidia. There are still games where its performance is not on par with competition. At 32k for A770, you are better off buying RX 6750XT at 35k instead which has performance similar to 3070 from the graph below and has 12GB VRAM which is fine for 1440p for a few years IMO as we just started crossing 8GB VRAM in some games (so 4060Ti and RX 7600 are a big no, even the new 7600XT is a bad deal vs 6750XT). From cheaper GPUs, my recommendation is 6600 at 20k & 3060 at 25k.

1706151333856.png

Intel have been pushing drivers at a high rate to make up for the disappointing release. And the arc lineup has improved in performance a lot. But there's still trouble with older titles. Intel are working on drivers for those. For gaming at that price point it wouldnt make much sense to go for an Arc. But one place where they do excel is encoding. Intel supports wider range of codecs compared to Nvidia and Amd for both encoding and decoding. Even supports AV1. And thats for the entire arc line from A380 to A770. Infact A750 performs better than 3060 and 4060 at encoding.

Moreover Premiere Pro 24 now has hardware acceleration support for Arc gpus. Intel also has Deep Link which combines intel's iGPUs and Arc GPUs to enhance performance (I think it was 10%-30% better when enabled on Handbrake if I remember correctly). The A380 at 10k is also a sweet budget buy as a secondary AV1 streaming gpu.

So its not really ideal for gaming only purpose, but for video editing it a good deal.

Back