Yet another Boyfriend seeking your advice. Touch Screen phone less than 8K

After losing some 4-5 phones in the last 3 yearws, my GF wants a touchscreen phone within the budget of 5-8K. The functions which appeal to her are:

1. Good Music Player.
2. Checking her mail.
3. Voice Recorder without time limit (Since she's a journalist, this feature comes in handy.)
4. A decent 2 MP camera should do for her.
5. Good battery life.

She doesn't really care about the OS and others things. So tell me which phones will suit her the best. And one more thing...I know she's going to lose her phone again in the next 6 months so give me the cheapest option. I somewhat like Samsung Corby 3653. But then there's Samsung 525, there's Nokia 5250 and then there's Samsung Monte and Galaxy5. So let me know what you guys have to suggest.

Oh! Just that...no offence to anyone....but I hate the touch screen of the phones you've mentioned. You have to press it hard and then only it zooms in or moves.

And about Cenix, well I asked her to go for this and a decent 4-5K phone...but in vain. She wants a phone that'll do that job for her.

creative420 said:
I know. I have wave already. But does it have unlimited recording (of course, to whatever the card in it can store)?

I love this phone...but it's available in Bangalore for 8.7k min.
There are quite a few users of this mobile in TE who are not satisfied with the sub-par screen of Galaxy 5.
Even my Samsung C3300 Champ has voice recording for 60mins continuously and it just takes a couple secs to save one recording and start the other. So there should be a way to get unlimited voice recording in Wave which has BADA smart OS platform.

So there should be a way to get unlimited voice recording in Wave which has BADA smart OS platform.

Yeah. I have Samsung Wave S8500 and it records voice for 1 hour max.

You can get it from letsbuy.com with ICICI 10% off voucher, comes to 8.1k.

Even I'm not happy with the screen display of Galaxy5 as DarkAngel quoted above.
There are quite a few users of this mobile in TE who are not satisfied with the sub-par screen of Galaxy 5.
Although it has android, but that doesn't appeal to my GF at all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW guys...Is Samsung Star Nano a decent phone? It costs just 5.5K and has couple of pretty good features.

creative420 said:
Yeah. I have Samsung Wave S8500 and it records voice for 1 hour max.

Even I'm not happy with the screen display of Galaxy5 as DarkAngel quoted above. Although it has android, but that doesn't appeal to my GF at all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BTW guys...Is Samsung Star Nano a decent phone? It costs just 5.5K and has couple of pretty good features.
Get a Corby with 5 different color back panels. That would be much better option in the 6k range as corby has a 2.8" capacitive screen compared to Star Nano's 2.6" resistive screen. Corby has a good music player with a decent set of ear plugs too. But the msg inbox size is little low (200-300 msgs only IINM)

Also the Nano though it says its 3G it uses the older UMTS(384Kbps which is only slightly faster than the 236.6Kbps on Edge) rather than the HSDPA speeds of 3.6Mbps+ which the companies like BSNL and Docomo now offer in India.

Now this is awesome! Yup. Going for it!
DarkAngel said:
Get a Corby with 5 different color back panels. That would be much better option in the 6k range as corby has a 2.8" capacitive screen compared to Star Nano's 2.6" resistive screen. Corby has a good music player with a decent set of ear plugs too. But the msg inbox size is little low (200-300 msgs only IINM)

Also the Nano though it says its 3G it uses the older UMTS(384Kbps which is only slightly faster than the 236.6Kbps on Edge) rather than the HSDPA speeds of 3.6Mbps+ which the companies like BSNL and Docomo now offer in India.

malhotraraul said:
whatever brand you select finally, please ask her the COLOR she wants, they are very very picky when it come to color's irrespective what brand it is or OS etc.
That's why getting her a Corby which has five different back-panels. So yeah, she can match her mood with it. :p

Finally after lot of wait be demos, bought her a Samsung Wave 5253. But a funny thing has started happening...whenever she's listening to music, it picks a number and dials it randomly. Guess I'll have to rush it to the service center ASAP.

ujas said:
please let me know for how much you got it. what was the exact issue. is it resolved now ? what are the apps available on wave ? does it support java apps ?
It's a nice phone. The issue has been resolved. There was some problem with the headphone. There are few apps for it. Some of them are really interesting. Not sure about the Java Apps bit. :p

Finally. Got it for 7200 with a free scratch-guard from themobilestore.

Back