Xbox Series S on Flipkart

onri

Recruit
Ordered Xbox Series S on Flipkart today using SBI CC for 25k. What precautions should I take when accepting the order?

Below is what is mentioned on Flipkart for 'Open Box Delivery':
- Delivery agent will open the sealed package in front of your eyes at your doorstep
- Checks will be run to check for damages,wrong product or missing items. The item cannot be returned for these reasons.
- An OTP will be shared with you when the item is out for delivery. Share the OTP with the agent if you are satisfied with the item.
The following checks will be performed:
TAMPER CHECK
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
CONTENTS CHECK

Idk about what things you should check but you should definitely tell him how to open the box properly
They are savages when it comes to opening packages, and will rip the box to shreds and maybe even drop something

One of the first precaution you take is next time onwards don't order from Flipkart. They are just noobs especially their delivery boys.
Record video, check console box seal, then console, controller and cables. If possible, quickly power up console to rule out DOA. Good luck!!!

They will call you before delivery. Make sure you have a scissor ready to make it easier to open.

Before they start opening, make sure the box is sealed.
Watch a few unboxing videos on YouTube so that you know what the contents should look like. Ensure everything is properly packed as you have seen in the unboxing videos. Make sure the product doesn't look old and there's no physical damage. Make sure whatever cable and accessories are given with it are there.

Some times delivery people may want to leave just after opening the box. Don't hesitate, make sure you take out and check each and every item in the box.

If the Xbox doesn't turn on later, you can still ask for a replacement, since that is not checked as a part of OBD.

If it's not possible for you to be present in person, then don't hesitate to reschedule the delivery.

One of the first precaution you take is next time onwards don't order from Flipkart. They are just noobs especially their delivery boys.
Record video, check console box seal, then console, controller and cables. If possible, quickly power up console to rule out DOA. Good luck!!
I hesitated a lot before ordering from Flipkart. I have always ordered from Amazon. But the difference in cost of around 6k convinced me. Now all I can do is take all necessary precautions and hope for the best.

I hesitated a lot before ordering from Flipkart. I have always ordered from Amazon. But the difference in cost of around 6k convinced me. Now all I can do is take all necessary precautions and hope for the best.
Don't worry about it, a 20% difference is huge. I also ordered a PS5 from Flipkart in this sale. It arrived perfectly fine, albeit with a minor delay.

Check on r/indiangaming for PS5 orders, in the current sale, people have received more tampered packages from Amazon than from Flipkart. And Amazon is also saying "service center replacement", so not sure how good the experience would have been there.

Just take the precautions I listed and you'll be fine.

Can you confirm the date of manufacture on the packaging box and on the console are same? Mine having manufacturing date of July 2023 on the box, but on console its July 2022!

I too noticed the same when I opened the box but I was too excited so ignored it then.
Same dates as you mentioned. Looks like a scam. Hence may be the extra discount. Can we do something about it?

Back