XBOX 360 launches on Nov 22nd

Ein

Adept
Microsoft's next generation Xbox 360 games console will be in US shops on 22 November, the company has announced.

The software giant is set to be the first of the console makers to release a next generation machine.

Once launched in the US, the Xbox 360 is due to be in stores in Japan and Europe in early December. Up to 20 games will be ready at the launch.

The move could give it a vital edge over rival Sony which plans to release its PlayStation 3 in spring 2006.

Package deal

The 22 November date falls just before the US Thanksgiving holiday, which traditionally starts the end of the year shopping season.

We expect a strong portfolio of titles on launch day and through the holidays that will appeal to fans of every genre and gamers in every region
Robbie Bach, Microsoft
Official launch date for Europe is 2 December and in Japan on 10 December.

Christmas sales of the Xbox will be vital to Microsoft if it is to fulfil its ambition of clawing back market share from arch-rival Sony.

Sony launched its PlayStation 2 more than a year before Microsoft's first Xbox console, and with many more games.

Although the success of the PlayStation 2 was built on the back of the popularity of the first PlayStation the year-long lead it had over Microsoft contributed to the success.

The Xbox 360 will come in two packages. The high-end version will sell for $399.99 (£279.99) and will include the console, external hard drive, wireless controllers, headset and membership of the Xbox Live gaming service.

The core version will sell for $299.99 (£209.99) and includes console and wired controller.

At launch Microsoft said up to 20 games would be ready and it expects that number of titles to swell to 40 by the end of 2005.

"We expect a strong portfolio of titles on launch day and through the holidays that will appeal to fans of every genre and gamers in every region," said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft.

Microsoft would not say how many Xbox 360s it is stockpiling ready for Christmas shoppers.

But Michael Pachter, a games industry analyst at Wedbush Morgan Securities, predicted that two million units will be sold in the US and Europe.

Sony has said it will release its PlayStation 3 in the spring of 2006, while Nintendo's next generation console, the Revolution, is also expected to go on sale in the next year.

Souce ----> BBC

Wonder how long will it take to get cracked....because that's when it would begin to sell in Asia.
i'll try to settle for the core system arnd summer holidays next year.

Nice to hear.

Well, params7 the official PAL version will come here. Pretty soon, by the first week of december, will launch at around 20 - 22 k (only the Core system is coming) my dealer tells me.

I Personally and waiting for the Sony PS3 :D.

Something tells me that 360 is going to shorten the sales gap between Sony and Microsoft to a very very close competition this year.

Back