Graphic Cards X1800XT HDR Crossfire benchies !

In November, nVidia made news about some breakthrough in GPU chipset technology... they claimed they didn't have to make new chipsets for future cards, but simply use whatever they have today. What this means is they can build and release new cards faster than before. Based on that, ATi's success will be short-lived ;)

RiO said:
In November, nVidia made news about some breakthrough in GPU chipset technology... they claimed they didn't have to make new chipsets for future cards, but simply use whatever they have today. What this means is they can build and release new cards faster than before. Based on that, ATi's success will be short-lived ;)

You mean breakthrough in socket technology i guess ? Maybe they can re-use the same socket and pcb for different gpus but i don't think it will reduce the time taken to release new cards by far cuz you still need to fab new chips and the yields should be good to do that.

PS: No NV / ATi wars please ! This is a x1800xt CF benchmark thread.

I didn't mean to start a war neither does was my post supposed to mean that. I was referring to the battle between Ati and nVidia and not the one among our members. As soon as one releases a product, another comes up with a better product - Meaning that the shelf-life of any one card is very low. How the hell do they expect us to keep upgrading every few months ???

^^ Look at their POV, how are they able to do R7D so fast. You have the option to buy or not, they dont have an option if they want to stay in business.

Lol Blady, this is a nVidia vs. ATi thread. Any Benchmark has the other company included.

nVidia's breakthough tech, the GPU Socket will not be put into practical use until 2007 atleast.

The G71/72's on the 90nm process should be interesting.

Imma gonna upgrade in May so i hope something goods out by then.

I hope DX10 and Al1 (SM4.0) Cards release by then.

I Dont wanna be stuck in the middle again.

goldenfrag said:
Lol Blady, this is a nVidia vs. ATi thread. Any Benchmark has the other company included.

nVidia's breakthough tech, the GPU Socket will not be put into practical use until 2007 atleast.

The G71/72's on the 90nm process should be interesting.

Imma gonna upgrade in May so i hope something goods out by then.

I hope DX10 and Al1 (SM4.0) Cards release by then.

I Dont wanna be stuck in the middle again.

Actually no, HDR + AA is ATi only feature for now. FP16 HDR that is.

@Freaky: That comment wasnt directed towards you mate ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blade_Runner said:
Some benchies from GZeasy site of X1800XT crossfire and 7800gtx sli with HDR on ! single x1800xt and 7800gtx cards also included.

http://news.gzeasy.com/itnews/2005-12-11/itnews_4215.html
Very Nice...personally I have always felt that ATI has had superior products...whether it be the 9700 vs 5900.....or later 9800...
even when 6xxx supported SM 3.0 i felt that visuals on the x800 were much better.I mean just run farcry or HL 2 and see for yourself...the fact was that 6xxx hardware lacked processing power and shading power to fully utilise all the goodies that SM 3 brings....so it was more like having a taste but thats all.
Its only tradition to see ATI ram good ol NV again...
On a more personal note glad that i decided to go X1800....whoppeee...:hap2:

Back