[WTB] Wifi Router Need Suggestions

orange121100

Disciple
Hi All,

I have a pc (which will be connected by lan to the router) in the hall and a laptop (Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG g card) in my study. I want to share data from 2 External hd connected to my laptop to the pc connected to my Lcd screen. I will be watching hd content and sharing data. I will also share data from 2 androids and downloading torrents 24/7 at 1mbps.

1. Should I buy a G or n router? Will a n router work with my g card? cos I'll be upgrading my laptop by year end.

2. If n then, will 300 be necessary for a small flat or will 150 suffice?

3. Many people in TE have bought the ASUS N13U. But it doent have gigabit ethernet.

I can order from ebay US if its not available in India.Which router should I buy?

Any router with wifi n with 300 mbps support is good foe your work. Do get gigabit as well.

Have a look at buffalo high power 300 nh.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

@pratikb buffalo router has good features

the buffalo G300NH only supports fat32! will it freeze if I use it for torrents and share data simultaneously?

if I buy the router of ebay or any other site ($65) will it have international warranty?

is the Asus RT-N16 a good buy instead? cos it has more ram processing power and 2usb ports. eventhough I read it has signal drops.

Back