WTB: PCI Graphics Card (Not PCI-e)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xplicit

Disciple
Well i have a P.O.S. mobo (845GVSR) without AGP :ashamed:, so i need a PCI graphics card for some light gaming...

I know that XFX makes Fx 5200 (256MB) for PCI Bus, and then there's ATI 9250. Also i saw on Sparkle's website an FX 6200 for PCI.

Sooooo... looking for recommendations please :ashamed:.....
And if anyone has one for sale, or knows where i can buy one, please post...

P.S. I hope i don't get negative reps for having a crappy rig :ashamed: ....

P.S. I hope i don't get negative reps for having a crappy rig ....

:rofl: You gotta be kidding..... not everyone has uber rigs with Optys and X1900s.....

And the PCI card, do you have a specific budget??

and what are the prices of the cards you have named?? Then we could give you a better suggestion.

pci cards maybe expensive, rather get second/first hand agp board and agp card, that may perform better and cost more or less same as well.

And the PCI card, do you have a specific budget??

and what are the prices of the cards you have named?? Then we could give you a better suggestion.
Budget? I would think that PCI cards would come cheap?? In any case around 2500 bucks...

As for prices, the AGP version of Fx 5200 (256 MB) costs 2000 bucks, and the ATI card is even lower.... but i have absolutely no idea about PCI versions of these cards.

EDIT: From Funky's post in Graphics Card forum: R9250 - PCI - 128 = 3550/- (The only PCI card in that huge list)

A good place for you to search would be Ebay.

In ebay india you can get good deals sometimes.

Also try ebay international, most of the time i have ordered from ebay us etc and for 1/2 kg items i have paid around 12$ shipping. These small things come by regualr post or speed post, and there are no problems with customs.

in the past few months i have bought piii 800 mhz, agp riser card, battery for my palm zire 72 etc. all at ptrices much more reasonable than indian prices.

no problems with shipping damage and customs so far.

I have been looking for a ci card myself but am delaying for some reason.

@Kunal : Can you please tell me exactly how do you order stuff from ebay? I mean i need to know only about the customs thing. How much do you pay as customs duty? Or is there a workaround:huh: ? You know that sorta stuff...:)

actually its quite simple and painless. just find what youre looking for and then check the sellers rating. should be 100% or >98% ideally. then contact them and find out the rate for shipping. if that suits you then go head and pay by paypal using your cc. customs i never hadto deal ith. my friend who imports stuff says that they dont bother with small stuff. and they check at random some items. none of my packages were even opened. but as i said they were small things. maybe big stuff like mobo would get charged?. anyway most sellers use uSPS ground. thats like regular post and takes 2-3 week to blr. ask the seller to marlc it as a gift.

pastrykunal said:
actually its quite simple and painless. just find what youre looking for and then check the sellers rating. should be 100% or >98% ideally. then contact them and find out the rate for shipping. if that suits you then go head and pay by paypal using your cc. customs i never hadto deal ith. my friend who imports stuff says that they dont bother with small stuff. and they check at random some items. none of my packages were even opened. but as i said they were small things. maybe big stuff like mobo would get charged?. anyway most sellers use uSPS ground. thats like regular post and takes 2-3 week to blr. ask the seller to marlc it as a gift.
Thanks Bro, I'm going to build a new system soon and if i can get the parts fast enough i'll go for this. Maybe you can import them for me for the first time since i'm not sure? Thx:) :hap2:

SVB-0145. ATI7000/64MB DUAL WITH TV OUT @1950

ok guys i got it. this is from the svinternational people. inclusive of vat. this is all i could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back