WTB: Good PDA phone

Vij

Skilled
Hi friends

Looking to gift a good PDA phone to my sister before she leaves to US. She has got admission in NewYork Unversity and needs a PDA phone.

Budget: 18k.

Any suggestions.

Also if anyone has a sparingly used one for sale pl reply here or pm.

Many Thanks

Vijay

vij said:
Hi friends
Looking to gift a good PDA phone to my sister before she leaves to US. She has got admission in NewYork Unversity and needs a PDA phone.
Budget: 18k.
Any suggestions.
Also if anyone has a sparingly used one for sale pl reply here or pm.

Many Thanks
Vijay

is camera a necessity? if not then E62,E61 ,JAQ, M600i
if camera is a necessity then moltoming,motorokrE6,P990i.

Nothing beats Windows Mobile when it comes to PDA. But in your budget ,I doubt you would get any of these phones here.

Best among phones is o2 atom XDA .It has that look and a correct combination of memory and processor power .

Alternatively you can go for imate jamin or QteK s200 which is a bit slow compared to the above phone

Again this is not a right time to buy PDA phone becos Windows CE 6 based phones are hitting the market soon.This OS looks much faster and has better wifi connectivity and host of other features.

Best option is to give that money to your sis and ask her to buy from us .As I feel it would be much cheaper there .

As far as windows based PDA are concerned . Here is the order in which you should go .

1.> O2 based phones- best PDA phones out there

2.>Qtek

3.> I-mate

Well camera is not a necessity...but if it fits in the budget then why not...

What would be the prices like..?

Anyone has anyth for sale?

Edit:Thanks sandy..But giving money and asking her to buy isnt the same is it...Again is the price difference substantial if u buy frm US...?

Repped...

p990i is available for around 18-19k(without bill) which is best PDA phone at this price.

m600i around 15k

E61 around 16k

e62 around 12.5k

motoming around 13-13.5k

motorokr e6 around 16-16.5k

windows mobiles are really buggy and slow. voice quality cant stand against nokia or SE ones.

nokia and SE really have very good pdas plus phone.

What abt O2 XDA Atom..

That looks like a top class PDA phone...

How is it priced?

Listed 27k at univercell..huh...

windows mobiles are really buggy and slow.

Says who .:bleh: .you dont buy the right phone ,then blame it on windows mobile .You can tell that to testers at my company who have a hard time testing our applications on E62 ,E61.Windows mobile is the most user friendly OS out there . Qtek and imate have shitty hardware coupled with windows mobile OS. If you want the ultimate experience,get a O2 or HP IPAQ(PDA) and see for yourself. :D
Gimme a days time ,I will ask QA peeps let u know which PDA phone there.

Hotstuff said:
dont blame the OS. the hardware to run it was shit and not the OS

The CE 5.0 Kernel had its own fair share of problems especially the 32Mb/32Process limitations in its slotted virtual memory model but then again it was initially designed to run on the dream cast and not the PXA270 :mad: .

Not that I blame it, I develop these WM phones and my loyalty is with WM :hap2: .

The best option would be get it in US, the phone you buy here might not be compatible there, and they also have different service providers and they offer different schemes along with the handset, so once your sister reaches US, she will be able to decide which one to get.

Yeah. Just get it in the US. And the phones are subsidised by the service providers. So you might even get the phone for free if you sign a contract with the service provider. And the options availablein the US are really mind boggling, way more than what you get here. Its really not worth the trouble getting it in India.

Raghu.

Back