WTB: A new laptop from US

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well this topic is presently in itsinitial state......

I want to buy a laptop (probably frm newegg)

my budget is ard 40k ...max 45k(with us conversion i mean).....+ commisiion

most probably i want a sony or toshiba.....model which i havent decided yet......
oher suggestions are welcome except acer models.....

international warranty stuff i prefer but i guess i can only get that on dell....and if i go for dell i want a good xps series one but thats not in my budget i guess.......

nyways any reputed member who havin any contacts or any family frnds coming frm there.....ready to help ill pay the commission(which we will decide)
ready to pay cash in advance..but the person should be reputed on site.......

once i get the person ill give the details ....

dude, frankly, except for high-end and very low-end configs, the price diffrential between the us and india for laptops isn't too much....the final shipped cost inclusive of taxes in the US would be only 5-15% lower...

given the amount of headache u'll have to go thru, and lack of warranty (intl warranty on mid-range models is an add-on cost), i'd seriously suggest buying one locally...

On a side note, a 45 K budget would get you a decent core duo model in India

And BTW Toshiba laptops of late (past few years) have dropped down on quality and reliability significantly....and Sony has horrendous prices for accessories and replacements...You are better ff buying a Dell/Compaq/Lenovo

You can get this for $833 + Tax.
PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5500 (2MB Cache/1.66GHz/667MHz FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
LCD PANEL 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLifeâ„¢
MEMORY 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
HARD DRIVE 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
OPTICAL DRIVE 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
VIDEO CARD 128MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1300 HyperMemory™
SOUND OPTIONS Integrated Audio

Edit: Thats the Dell Inspiron E1505.

Best Laptop deals are always from Dell & their laptops are good (not fancy but they work well ) and it is all over the Net that since vista is delayed beyond Christmas 06- there would be fantastic deals in laptops this holiday season. I had purchased two last year, and this year too there would be great stuff up for sale expect a C2D 15.4 inch laptop with wondows xp from Dell in about $ 750 shipped. There is no customs duty on hand carried laptops.

thks for the comments...so i i go with the one wht zhop config said.......do i need to buy frm abroad or get it frm dell..i guess they will give this for ard 60+k here

^^ oh , it sure is..just that it is called Inspiron 6400 :p

unforunately Dell has priced at a ~20% premium here

blame the jacks$$es at Dell for pricing the 6400/1505 stupidly in India, or bless 'em for pricing the 1210 cheaper than US prices :p

I for one am not complaining :bleh:

Slightly increase your budget and you can get the following model right here in india with local warranty for arnd 50k.

You can go for Compaq 6102AU - AMD turion 64 1.6/1.8Ghz Dual Core, 1GB DDR2 RAM,100GB SATA 5400rpm HDD, 8X DVD-RW with DL support, 15.4" WS screen, touch screen volume controls, Bluetooth, Infrared, On-board LAN, model,XP Home, MS Money, MS Works, Symantec Antivir etc.

I'm sure you'd get centrino duo models of the same config for arnd 3-4k extra( arnd 55k).

okkay suggest a model frm india which u ppl think is right in vfm range.......also if it has gfx card seprately than its well and good increase the budget to 50-55k......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back