WTB a 46" LED

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
guyz,

My 20 year old sony crt, just gave up! :(

Now i'm planning to go for a 46" LED, but do not know anything regarding the same! :ashamed:

I'd like to know what are the best options i got! Its hard to choose from the various manufacturers :S

Also, my dad is keen on going for a sony bravia. He trusts the brand, no questions asked ;)

So is it worth paying high prices for the sony or are the samsungs goods enough?

Budget 1.2-1.5lacs. Nothing more, pls.

Suggestions welcomed. Also please tel me if an LED is better than the Plasma or LCD for the price to performance ratio.

IMO Samsung TV are as good (if not better) than Sony in terms of quality. So for similar features, I'd go for what's cheaper amongst the two.

Althou LEDs do have some benefits but not worth the premium. (I remember reading somewhere that it costs the manufacturer less to make a LED vs LCD. They are selling it at a premium as it's *new*). At the moment, I'd rather go for a LCD.

I saw a few 46" Samsung TV models at chroma for ~60-75K. Not too shabby.

Well samsung lcds are similar to Sony lcds,except for the really high end Sony which have lots of proprietary stuff.

The one problem in samsung is the panel lottery.

With a budget of 1.5lakh you can wait for the Sony HX series like the HX820 or have a look the samsung D7000.

@s_anuj
The cost of a LED backlight or even a edge light still costs more then a CCFL backlight.While its not as much as what the companies demand.

We are indians so we always lookout for the best product as per the price!

I dont wanna end up paying 20-30% more just for the brand name! I aint loyal to anyone :p

So, i'd like to go for the best among 46" leds for relative performance and the price!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Well, it seems the TV that i thought went kaput just has a power short! Well there goes my chance to upgrade! Repairing cost = a mere 200bux.

Neways thanx for the responses guys! For those who want a 46" LED, better go for the samsung 6 series, simply awesome! All R&D wasted :p

Will get the TV tomorrow (Wish it doesn't work, lol ;))

samsung 46inch dont have IPS panel .. will the viewing angles be bad ??

otherwise Samsung C7000 is the best.

Goto shop and compare LG IPS panel to samsung .. telll us. We cant go out now due to hot sweat.

Sony Bravia TVs don't play most of the file formats thru USB. That can be a major negative if you love watching dloaded movies on your 46". My personal experience is Samsung LEDs play all the file formats and you should go for it.

Back