Witcher 3 Crashes to the desktop

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hello all,

While I was playing Witcher 3 on AMD RX6600XT using Adrenaline 24.1.1 Driver its crashing to the desktop quite often with a message to report the crash to AMD Website. Please somebody help me in this regard.
I am playing using DirectX 11 version while using DirectX 12 version of Witcher 3 it crashes even frequently than 11. What could be the reason.

Ever since the last year "NExt Gen Update", people have been reporting a lot of crashes.
unfortunately i have not played the latest version, as such cant help you out.
But try verifying the game files thru steam once and see if it fixes the issue.

It's the Adrenalin 24.1.1 driver. It has been very problematic for many users (Especially those with 6000 series or older). Use DDU and rollback to a 23.x driver.

I'm sure if we say blame those not so perfect amd drivers, amd fanboys will still defend ignoring the flaws!
I may be wrong, but I will have to agree based on my own experience.
I had a 5700XT, and it would randomly crash in W3 (and a bunch of other games) with random driver timeouts, green screens etc. The card was fine, but the drivers sucked ass. Total PoS.

I haven't had a single crash in any of those games with Nvidia.

I may be wrong, but I will have to agree based on my own experience.
I had a 5700XT, and it would randomly crash in W3 (and a bunch of other games) with random driver timeouts, green screens etc. The card was fine, but the drivers sucked ass. Total PoS.

I haven't had a single crash in any of those games with Nvidia.
Yes, just installed the game and no crash while playing it. Try using older set of GPU drivers from AMD.
Playing it on a 3090Ti with GeForce 551.23.

Back