Wireless Security Camera for Home?

ithehappy

Adept
Need one. Should be wireless, and SD card support. HD isn't necessary but night recording is (illumination should be very good), along with panning. Will be used in night time only, for ~6 hours. Budget is around 8K. What options are there?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I like that model. Just confirming one or two things before ordering, it will record the video in the SD card right? And I just need to plug it to AC and nothing else? And what was the quirk you were saying?

yes it can record the video in the sdcard. make sure it is a good high speed card > class 4. and yeah just plug the adapter but it needs to be initially connected via lan cable to the router for configuring.

quirks are like the UI is not very polished, and the videos are stored in their proprietary format and can be only viewed in their player which is not very good, also the video conversion software to convert from their format to common formats is clumsy. needs a few days to get used to all the settings.

you should also go through their technical forums
http://forum.tenvis.com/viewforum.php?f=8

_

I would suggest to use an Android phone/Networked camera and setup a NAS. It might be more expensive, but if the camera goes, so does your chance of identifying the chap who too it :p

^^^ there is that problem yeah :D I have actually connected the cam via lan cable to my router and all the videos/pics get stored in realtime on my hdd attached to the router. the camera is also fitted in a very difficult to reach place so I'm a bit secure on that front :cigar:

big disadvantages of android phone are there are no IR leds for night time illumination, no pan/tilt motors, also not very convenient to fit, actually it will be very alluding for a thief to steal the phone :p

_

Okay I forgot to mention, that the unit should be waterproof, as it will be placed outside the house. And is that necessary to connect a LAN cable to router, I really dislike cables, only the power cable won't do?
I have asked on their forum, the topic hasn't been approved yet though.

it is not waterproof. I don't think their outdoor cameras have pan/tilt or sdcard recording. then you either have to check out other cameras or make some protective housing.

lan cable is only need for initial configuration then it can just be accessed via wifi

_

Okay, I get it, thanks. I can buy a small HDD for the purpose I guess. Someone from support team of Tenvis replied to my query, and they say they only have one camera which is waterproof, 720P and SD card supported. The Model is this one: http://www.tenvis.com/ip391whd-h264-megapixel-p2p-outdoor-waterproof-ip-camera-p-222.html
Could you tell me if it can record videos directly to SD card, and it's plug and play? The price is totally within my budget, if I buy from here, http://www.ebay.com/itm/TENVIS-IP39...79?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item3a8099fa9b
It's not available on eBay India as far as I can see.

it seems to be the latest model with sdcard recording and 720p but it is not available in India. importing it will add 30% duty and taxes.

_

Okay, I will ask the seller if he agrees to ship it as a gift of lower value then, that's what I am doing for my 2000 bucks watches for pretty long anyway :p but the sellers were always very cooperative.
So it seems that is the model I need. Thanks for your support mate.

Back